Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66074 - 12/04/00 01:21 PM If I bring my laptop ....
Turkisguide Offline

Loc: Turkey
Can one buy internet packets to use with my laptop for a week?Or should I not bother and use the internet cafes for it?

Thanks

Turkishguide

#66075 - 12/05/00 08:08 AM Re: If I bring my laptop ....
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Turkisguide! Are you really a turkish guide?

I'm not really sure what an "internet packet" is unless it's buying blocks of time with an ISP (internet service provider) in Spain. Does anyone else know? Spaniards?
Hi Turkisguide! I got your email and thought I'd reply to your topic/question here.

Not knowing how much time you plan to spend on the internet I would think it would be better, less bother, if you just go to one of the cybercafés like easyEverything on Calle Montera, a little above/north of the Puerta del Sol. Just be sure you can access your email account from a cybercafé or from a stand-alone internet terminal and don't have you use your own email software to access your accounts.

If it were me, unless you needed some particular software to do your job, I would leave the laptop at home and not bother with it. You'll only worry about it anyway. Enjoy your time in Madrid and Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66076 - 12/05/00 10:40 AM Re: If I bring my laptop ....
connie Offline

I agree with MadridMan-leave your laptop at home. There are zillions of internet places all over the city and most of them are rather affordable. I cannot imagine that you would find a package for the week that makes it cheaper, and then you would have all the hassle in finding it out.

#66077 - 12/25/00 06:31 AM Re: If I bring my laptop ....
Lina Offline

Loc: Adelaide South Australia Aust
I have just spent 3 months in Spain, I brought my laptop..I am a professional mature woman, but I was there to study Spanish. In the end my laptop was a burden. Don't take it. Even at the internet cafes you are able to acess your ICQ. However if you do Telefonica provides a 'package' 3000 pts per month en Terra if you connect during the day and an hourly price in Tarrifa Plana between 6pm and 8am. Talk to Mario in Telefonica, he speaks English and can help you connect with instructions over the phone. The killer is the expense of the telephone connection ..especially if you are in a hotel, my hotel charged by time and number of connections and even if you are not able to connect for three or four times which is common, it costs 40 pts each time you try.
Better to choose your accommodation near an internet cafe. Ten suerte.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments