Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6606 - 02/24/04 05:28 PM Seville - Hostal Atenas, Hotel Alcantara, Hotel Abanico?
valleyankee Offline

Loc: NJ
Has anyone stayed at any of these locations? It is very inexpensive and I was wonder what it is like. We are considering the Hotel Alcantara ( www.hotelalcantara.net ) and Hotel Abanico ( www.hotelabanico.com ) and the Hostal AtenasI appreciate the help.

#6607 - 02/24/04 07:33 PM Re: Seville - Hostal Atenas, Hotel Alcantara, Hotel Abanico?
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
We stayed at Hotel Alcantara last October, and plan to return this year. It is small and unpretentious, but very clean and staffed by friendly people. It is located right in the Barrio district, and on a pedestrian street. You have to walk a very short distance to the Hotel. There is a bank nearby, also shops and restaurants. The Cathedral is a short walk away. There is a great flamenco show two blocks from the Hotel.

#6608 - 03/05/04 12:41 PM Re: Seville - Hostal Atenas, Hotel Alcantara, Hotel Abanico?
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Did any of the staff speak English? Do they take credit cards? Thanks

#6609 - 03/05/04 03:32 PM Re: Seville - Hostal Atenas, Hotel Alcantara, Hotel Abanico?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Just took a look at links for both Hotel Alcantara & Hotel Abanico & although there was nothing to indicate MC/Visa usage, based on their locations and cost per night I'm going to guess that yes - both cards are accepted. You might want to email an inquiry to bvoth in order to confirm - Hostal Atenas accepts credit cards.

#6610 - 03/05/04 03:49 PM Re: Seville - Hostal Atenas, Hotel Alcantara, Hotel Abanico?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I used my visa for the Alcantara last spring so there shouldn't be a problem.

As far as english speaking staff, the staff at the desk all spoke a little english. They were such a friendly group of peoople.

This is a great location and the hotel is somewhat new - the rooms have an ikea type decor - not exactly traditional spanish but clean and nice.

#6611 - 03/10/04 11:15 AM Re: Seville - Hostal Atenas, Hotel Alcantara, Hotel Abanico?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I stayed at the Hostal Atenas two years ago -- wow, I hadn't realized that my last vacation was that long ago! Time to go back!

Anyway, I stayed in a lovely room on the first floor (second floor to Americans) with a view of the patio. It was quite comfortable, the staff was pleasant, and the hotel was in easy walking distance to the Plaza and other sites. I ended up staying an extra day, and the staff were very nice about arranging for me to switch rooms since that room had been reserved for new guests.

I expect that I'll try to stay there again if I had back to Sevilla on my next trip.

Jennifer

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments