Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66000 - 09/04/00 07:45 PM MadridMan's Video's
K6CED Offline

Loc: Anaheim, CA. U.S.A.
I just got MadridMan's Combo Video. I got dizzy just watching this thing. Save your money for a professional tape.
Ripped off in Anaheim.

#66001 - 09/04/00 11:56 PM Re: MadridMan's Video's
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I've already replied to this gentleman in Anaheim. As I told him in the email, I wish he would have read the disclaimer at the bottom of the MadridMan's Videos page that reads:

"DISCLAIMER! .....MadridMan does not claim videos are of professional quality or direction and are sold as entertainment and not necessarily as educational tools."

His was the first complaint I'd received with more than 200 videos sold. And in fact, everyone who emails me about them RAVE about how much they loved it!! Spanish teachers particularly enjoy showing it to their students.

"The videos are great and I already have ideas of how I can integrate certain clips into many different lessons. They are everything I had hoped they would be and more."
-- Marilyn B., SpanishTeacher.com, Virginia"

Well, I guess I can't please everyone. I'm a little sad that you chose to post this here, but I'll respect your opinion. In my own defense, my video shows many MANY things of Madrid that one would never see on a "professional" video. On mine, you see Madrid as it REALLY is, without all the staged interactions, colored filters, background music, and stereotypical settings. Sure, it's jumpy, but I'm walking, or in a car, or on the metro, or climbing stairs. I don't have a camera crew, expensive video system (recording or editing), filters, and I narrate it myself. After watching some of those "professional" videos one would think that all women walk around Spain in their flamenco dresses and that all is flowery and beautiful. Also, usually only the video is taken by some crew and then the vocals are put in at the stuio. Sure, it's nice, smooth, and clean, but you don't even hear the traffic, people talking, or other sounds of the city or park! These are real people and not actors/models.

K6CED, sorry you didn't enjoy it. As I told you, I'll give you a refund minus shipping/packaging even though I don't make it a practice to refund videos because one could copy it, return it, and then ask for their money back. I thought that rather than risk "bad press" I should just send you your money back and then you go and do this. Hey! I'm a person here and an honest one! I'm not a big corporation trying to suck the public dry so please don't treat me like one. Thank YOU very little! Sheesh!

Here's wishing that people would read all the information before ordering,

MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 09-05-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66002 - 09/05/00 11:55 AM Re: MadridMan's Video's
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
MM, sorry about your bad press. I'm troubled, however, at your use of the word "gentleman". Obviously that man was no gentleman! People use that word way too liberally, I think. I know you're trying to be civil, but some people simple don't deserve that respect. Keep up the great work MM!

#66003 - 09/05/00 01:22 PM Re: MadridMan's Video's
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks Jen. I was only trying to be as polite and respectful of his opinions as possible under the circumstances. I intend to have the next video, "MadridMan's Madrid Video: Version 3", viewable in streaming video (RealPlayer) in 2 or 3 5-minute mini-clips so people can get a bit of an idea of what they're getting before they buy/order.

I'm sure there are many people who might think that I'll just take their money and run, but....where can I run? I'm MadridMan and MadridMan's Yankee Home Page is my virtual home. Anyone can locate me at any time by email and even snail-mail.

Saludos, Honest MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66004 - 09/05/00 07:20 PM Re: MadridMan's Video's
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
sheesh. Having never seen the vids, I cannot comment on their quality, but I know that they must be a labor of LOVE. Maybe we should all BUY 'em as part of our efforts to become (here comes that other thread) SuperSpanophiles!

#66005 - 09/05/00 08:53 PM Re: MadridMan's Video's
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
hey madridman don't fret. one boorish comment out of over 200 videos bought...ha! that should be all the more reason to boast. listen there's over 400 people registered on this board, and all of us are fortunate to have your web site and videos at our disposal. seeing how much love you put into it...that alone makes it a video you would never see from a professional company. don't let one bravado-laden customer get to ya. we all love you here!

#66006 - 09/05/00 10:33 PM Re: MadridMan's Video's
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thank you both for your very VERY kind words. You've reassured my "labor of love" with the videos and my website, (hopefully) your home away from home to talk about the things you love most; Spain! And WOW! IF ONLY 10% of those registered would buy the video would be a shocker! I usually only average about 3 sales per month (used to be more before I took off the videos banner from the index page). Thanks again for your encouragement, group!

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments