Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6578 - 02/20/04 12:50 AM Madrid: Hotel Europa
hawntraveller Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Europa recently? We will be there in April and would appreciate any information about this hotel and what to do with 3 days in Madrid. Gracias and Aloha! smile

#6579 - 02/20/04 01:45 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa
salamanca02 Offline

Loc: usa
Hello there... I stayed at the Hotel Europa in Madrid and Sevilla as well. I found the one in Madrid to be very comfortable and in a safe area. I very much enjoyed my stay there, but to tell you the truth, you probably wont be spending much time in the room...at least you shouldnt be wink If im not mistaken, it is right next to the Plaza Mayor.....to its central to many things. 3 days in Madrid, hmmm, so much to see so little time. Well if this is your first time in Madrid, you must visit the Prado and Reina Sofia. These museums contain fascinating artwork, i was most pleased to see Picasso's Guernica, located in the Reina Sofia. Depending on what time of year you are going (cold or not) i would visit the Retiro Park, nice place to stroll around and people watch. I would recommend just walking around the streets by the hotel, explore.... its a wonderfully live city, and im sure you will be able to fill your short 3 days with much ease! One thing i do recommend, though its ultra-turisty, is the bus ride where you sit on top. It takes you around the city and you can get a good overall view. I think there are a few different routes you can choose from depending on your personal interests. I believe one of the pick up areas, as well as ticket purchases, is right by the Prado, on the Paseo de Prado. Okay, well if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.. I have been to madrid many times....

#6580 - 02/20/04 10:36 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
The Hotel Europa is smack dab in the middle of Puerta del Sol. Plaza Mayor is just a short walk.....

#6581 - 02/22/04 01:10 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa
hawntraveller Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Salamanca appreciate the info.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments