Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65777 - 12/02/08 05:25 AM new member #2
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi all,

I noticed the previous new member thread so I thought i'd also introduce myself :-)

I am originally from the UK but have been living in Madrid for almost 5 years now (since Feb 2004). I work at a big IT company in Madrid as a consultant. This means i get to do lots of travelling around Spain on expenses so I have seen quite a few places already; the best way to travel in Spain and see the sights is when someone else is paying! :-)

I am married to a Spaniard which is why I am in Spain in the first place! I live in a medium sized village near the mountains to the north-west of the city. We have a 2.5 year old son who already understands both languages which is incredible to watch. He takes up all of my spare time with his games/tricks/abuse etc etc.

I am not sure that I could return to the UK now because I like the Spanish lifestyle and also the fact that it is generally sunny here :-) I still love the sweltering heat of summer in Madrid, although only now that I don't live in the centre of the city. I spent 2 years living right in the centre and hated, mostly because of the noise/traffic/heat in summer/amount of people in close proximity. Being out in the mountains now though is fantastic.

Anyway, just a 'hello' to everyone!

Daniel

#65778 - 12/02/08 06:23 AM Re: new member #2
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Daniel! Welcome to our humble little ALL SPAIN Message board! thumbsup

We hope to benefit from your years of experience living/working in Madrid and traveling the country.

Can't say I'm surprised to hear you don't expect to return to the U.K. because you like the Spanish lifestyle so much.

Where in "the mountains" do you live? One of our other British expatriate message board members also lives in "the mountains" and enjoying the snow.

Again, welcome and hello! Hope we can meet someday.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65779 - 12/02/08 06:59 AM Re: new member #2
Daniel-Madrid Offline

I live in Torrelodones, which is out past Las Rozas. It is classed as the first village belonging to the Sierra when heading out from Madrid.

Thanks for the welcome!

#65780 - 12/02/08 07:51 AM Re: new member #2
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
welcome Daniel-Madrid

as before askaway someone should give you an answer

and as before take my answers with a pinch of salt wave

#65781 - 12/04/08 10:18 AM Re: new member #2
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Hi Daniel-Madrid, I am from Liverpool UK, well originally Eastbourne UK, moved to Liverpool aged 9, but have lived in Madrid now for just over a year, and am not EVER going back to the UK to live. Madrid is best in August when there is hardly anyone here!

#65782 - 12/12/08 01:29 PM Re: new member #2
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

I love Torrelodones, I have friends that live out that way (backyard opps garden backs right into the rocks) but there is no way the wife and I can afford anything there. That is unless someone has a spare half million euros to spare so we can afford a small apartment. laugh

#65783 - 12/12/08 04:35 PM Re: new member #2
serakh Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Hello everyone.

I'm also a new member on this board. I visited Spain on vacation this past year and fell in love with the country and the people.

I am planning to return in September to take an intensive language course to improve my terrible Spanish.

I live in Florida in the USA, which I think has similar weather to much of southern Spain. I used to live in areas where there was a lot of snow. I hope my snow-shoveling days are over!

-Serakh

#65784 - 12/12/08 04:58 PM Re: new member #2
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello serakh! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!

Southern coastal Spain is similar to Florida, I'd guess, but in Spain you have mountains - something you don't have in Florida.

Hope your September visit proves fruitful. Best of luck with the intensive language course.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65785 - 12/13/08 12:25 PM Re: new member #2
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

bad news it snowed today confused

shouldn't complain thought it only snow once ever year or two, but still SNOW!!!!!

#65786 - 12/16/08 09:41 AM Re: new member #2
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

The snow was beautiful!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments