I'll see if I can do this on the new board and give a step-by-step instructions.
1. Click on "Switch to Full Reply Screen."
2. Once you are in full reply screen mode, click on the icon that is "create a link to a webpage." It looks like a little globe, and it is the second icon from the left.
3. A window should pop up that says "Enter the complete URL for the link you wish to add." (That's what mine says; I use Internet Explorer. Not sure if it'd be different in Firefox)
4. Paste your link's URL (address) into the box here and hit OK.
5. A second window should pop up immediately that says "Now enter the title of the webpage you are linking to." Create a name for the page. As an example, I created the Art in Madrid link to a New York Times article about Spanish banks supporting art in Madrid museums. Art in Madrid
I've just added a load of new Spain-related "AVATARS" to the message board.
Those few whom have already chosen the original (and boring) "Stock Avatars" can keep them if you like or you can change them to the new Avatars.
"What are Avatars?" you ask? Avatars are the things you can add to your profile to better personalize your postings. For example, I have a little guy pounding away on a computer keyboard. See it at the left? You can have one too.
"How do I add an avatar to my profile?", you ask? Follow the instructions below:
Click on "My Stuff"
Click on "Profile"
Scroll down towards the bottom and choose "Use a stock avatar"
Click the link below it which says, "Change"
A pop-up window will appear with the new library of Spain-related Avatars to use
Select one by clicking on the image, scroll right & left using the << >> links
Click the "Use this Avatar" button
Then finally, click the "SUBMIT" button to save changes
From that point on, until you change it, that image Avatar will appear next to all your message board postings.
Here is the current library of images from which to choose:
If you'd like to see other kinds of Spain-related Avatars available, suggest them here in this thread.
_________________________ Visit BarcelonaMan.com for Barcelona information, Transportation, Lodging, & much MUCH more!
Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog
Loc: Garden Grove, California
MM...these avatars are so much better than the previous ones. They fit the theme of the board. I was excited to see one for San Miguel beer. It's one of my favorite beers, also because it is my middle name...San Miguel (not beer!)hehehe!
Verbum sapiente sat est!--¡Una palabra al sabio es suficiente!
Hi all, this is my first post and will be arriving in Mardid in late May 2009. I will be staying at the Husa Princesa which is on Calle de la Princesa road and need to know where all the Internet Cafes are that are close to the Hotel. Wifi fees are very expensive at the hotel, so I want to skype my family back home in Australia while I am in Madrid.