Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65698 - 08/23/08 05:05 AM Spain's Gold medal today
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Congratulations to Spain's K2 500 m ( 2 man kayak - 500 metres ) pair ... A fantastic race and monumental strength to hold of the German team at the last ... Exciting stuff .

#65699 - 08/24/08 04:43 PM Re: Spain's Gold medal today
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Hey Steve...funny, I just posted a comment regarding the race on the other thread regarding the basketball game between Spain and USA. It was a great race and a fingernail biter! smile

#65700 - 08/24/08 05:21 PM Re: Spain's Gold medal today
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Responding to your post on the basketball thread:

"Osomajor .. The 500m k2 was an incredible Gold forSpain Germany came back so strong and yet the Spanish pair powered there way to the line .Beautiful to watch."

I was in my bedroom watching the Olympics and the race happen to come on. I didn't even know the Spanish were going to race. At the line up the announcer said they weren't a contender. So I wasn't hopeful at all. Then when the race began and they pulled out in front I figured they would fade quickly and fall out of the race as most first starters do in many races. But they kept going and going pulling farther out. NOW, I was on the edge of my bed. I started yelling and rooting. My boys in the other room were wondering what was going on. I told them the Spanish team was leading the race and might beat out the Germans! Oh, they said! Not that interested in the race. Well, I was now standing and jumping like a little kid, my heart almost jumped out of my throat as the Germans pulled up at quite a fast clip. I was yelling, GO GO GO!!! YESSSSSSSS!
I was so excited! I was jumping on my bed like a little kid! (I'm 52). Why such a big deal over a kayak race you may ask? Well, I really love pulling for the underdog of a team that doesn't have a chance to win, (Unless it's my team,lol). It was just a really good race and a shame if viewers missed it!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments