Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65645 - 04/19/08 10:18 AM Parking in Spain !
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Just saw this beeing reported on national TV here in Madrid ... Many of us living in Spain , and especially in the cities , can testify to the fact that parking can be done very badly here ! I'm not a driver but it amazes me how some people park ( including some of my friends ! ) .
Well some guy just got completely fed-up with it and has published this website of photos of bad parkers ( including police cars ! ) . He takes the photo then leaves them a leaflet ( flyer ) .
It made me laugh .

www.aparcascomoelculo.com .

Even the name's funny ! " parking like an **** " . "Culo" is a familiar name for "bottom" ( British English ) or "fanny" ( American English ) .

#65646 - 04/20/08 02:20 PM Re: Parking in Spain !
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Steve, this is the Spanish version of the original:

You park like an **** . It seems they don't link to the original idea :-(.

#65647 - 04/20/08 03:20 PM Re: Parking in Spain !
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Thanks Antonio .. Had a look at those other sites ... Crazy people .

#65648 - 04/21/08 03:46 AM Re: Parking in Spain !
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I took a look at those websites and wondered where were the crazy parking photos you were talking about! hehehe... wink What I saw was totally normal in Spain.

(SEE PHOTO BELOW:) A couple months ago someone actually parked IN FRONT of my building's front door, totally blocking the exit/entry, and one resident was taking her elderly mother to the doctor for an appointment. They had to wait 2 hours for the owner to return. Younger folk were sliding across the hood of the car to get out/in and another car was parked right up to the rear bumper. (not shown in photo) Luckily there was no need for emergency services during this time.

And meanwhile, someone had rightly called the police and they came and gave ALL (8) the other cars parking tickets along the street because while it's a no-parking side street people still park on the sidewalk. Some of the cars were moved after getting the tickets but most just left them there - and continue parking on the sidewalk to this day.

Saludos, MadridMan

UPDATE: COINCIDENTALLY, RIGHT NOW on TeleMadrid's morning program they're detailing http://www.aparcascomoelculo.com/ !

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65649 - 04/22/08 11:09 AM Re: Parking in Spain !
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
As MM said, almost none of these seem too far out of the norm from my last four years in Madrid. I do like the gall of the person blocking the door to MM's building, after all, it's all about MEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It was amazing how much better parking got in the Salamanca area when they sent out the parking enforcement patrols. Still would see extended double parkers when there was still space available in the (pay) parking garages.

#65650 - 04/27/08 05:30 PM Re: Parking in Spain !
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehe.. I submitted the/my above photo to www.aparcascomoelculo.com and they responded with the following email (below). It seems they won't accept photos with copyrighted marks on them. I suppose they require that the sender give up all rights to the photo but will include the name of the sender in the description. Too bad.

Quote:
lo siento, pero no esta permitida la publicidad dentro de las fotos. Si me mandas la foto sin el texto la puedo publicar, haciendo una referencia al autor en la descripción.

Un saludo

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments