Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#65603 - 05/28/08 03:54 AM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
"quote"
There are still some of the members from the first couple of years here on the message board but, logically, few stick around. Members come and members go but a few stay somewhat active.

why could you not put one of them counter things on your site to give an indication of how many people have visited the site?
the only problem is people like me who only log in when i am posting, and i visit the site frequently through the day virtualy everyday looking for new post, they would probably not be counted.
to reiterate what members have been saying yes its a fantastic,informative,site and the things ive learned about spain could probably never be found on one forum thanks for all the hard work
clap clap clap thumbsup

#65604 - 05/28/08 04:22 AM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks billy the man!

You wrote:
Quote:
why could you not put one of them counter things on your site to give an indication of how many people have visited the site?
I could put a counter on the message board but it would start NOW and would not be a good indication of the hundreds of thousands of past visitors we've had.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65605 - 06/16/08 03:13 PM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
Ditto the others, it's been a while now and it's good to know that is going well.

#65606 - 06/30/08 02:49 AM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Hi eveyone! My, it's been quite a while since I've posted or visited MadridMan. I was inspired to write when I read posts from a few old timers that they too haven’t been around for a while. It's been almost three years since my last post and I've noticed quite a bit has changed. There's a few names that I still remember, but so many new ones. I may have to get to know everyone again. Is Booklady still around? I used to enjoy her posts. She always had very informative responses to topics that were discussed. This has always been one of my favorite sites and I remember how boisterous it would get with some of the topics until our host finally had to put a stop to it! You’ve done an excellent job MM, your site is great and your blog is awesome, though I’ve only had a chance to glance at it and quickly read the topics. I promise to read up on it soon.

So many things have happened in my life since I last posted anything. I was planning a trip to Spain with my wife as part of our 25th anniversary. She had been ill for several years but it seemed that she was getting stronger, so we planned a trip for 3 weeks. Sadly, she took a down turn in her health and she passed away almost two years ago. She died on July 16, 2006.

She knew how much I enjoyed MadridMan and posting messages. I would read the messages that other members posted and ones that I would post. She liked to add her own responses via my messages, but she never joined the group. She said it was my group and didn't want to butt in. Since then I stopped posting messages. I pretty much lost any interest. Not just here but other message boards and blogs to which I belong.

I pretty much shut down my life for a year. Not wanting to do much of anything. I didn't even want to visit with my family, just wanting to be left alone. Recently I started living again and going out and reconnecting. It's just so different when you don't have your loved one to share the things you both enjoyed...a trip to the beach, the movies, dinner at your favorite restaurant. The joy is gone and the memories are too strong. Yet something inside tells you...you must move on! Life doesn't stand still. My boys still live with me and we've all helped each other to cope with our loss. I'm happy to say that they weathered the loss of their mother very well and have moved on with there lives. Jacob is a photographer and Isaac is still in school and in a metal band. They plan to record their first cd next week! Okay, so it's not my type of music but I must admit they are good!

I didn't write this message to garner sympathy...far from it. I'm moving on with my life as my dear Jennifer would have wanted me to do and also to let the group know what's been going on. I know that some members knew she was ill. I just wanted to share...AND...with MadridMan's permission I would like to post a link to my family's Photobucket page to share photos of my beautiful wife and family.

Saludos a todos. Me alegro en la oportunidad de comunicar con amistadez ortra vez!

OsoMajor
Hector Jaramillo

Photobucket Jaramillo Family

#65607 - 06/30/08 09:07 AM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
OsoMajor,

It's good to see you back even though, if I recall correctly, our political alignments are quite different. I too had a similar loss of someone quite near and dear about 10 years ago now, and even though I toughed it out, as I had to, and tried my best, I feel that I've recovered only about 85% of myself, but that has to do.

I recently had the opportunity, at a graduation party, to speak with a man from Valencia who has been living in the States for almost a decade. Of course, as always with me, politics came up in our discussion. But what struck me most was that even though he was somewhat conservative (we agree about Franco) still his world view is so different. My conclusion is that I can understand someone coming from such a different culture as ours to have a unique world view, but not my own countrymen.

Good to see you back, and hang in there, life goes on whether you want it to or not.

#65608 - 06/30/08 12:32 PM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
OsoMajor,
Welcome back...Thank you for sharing your story and Jennifer's, it's how we all stay connected...to know about each other, not just about all things Spain (here) but who we are and how we got to this place...all of us on different roads. I hope you stay around and that Madridman's board gives you a few sunny spots along your path.

Saludos, Lisa (laduque)

#65609 - 06/30/08 05:16 PM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
MadridMan!
As a Spaniard, I'd like to thank you for this website and for what you've done promoting the real image of Spain abroad.

Thank you very much again.

Greetings

#65610 - 07/01/08 01:07 AM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Laduque, Gazpacho...thank you both for you kinds words. I'm glad you responded as I remember both of you well! I've always enjoyed MM board and I've learned alot about Spain from it via MM and folks like yourselves. I intend on sticking around, putting in my two cents for what it's worth!

Saludos,

OsoMajor smile

#65611 - 07/11/08 06:21 PM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
JAcosta Offline

Loc: Los Angeles Calif.
Let me chime in and thank you for the site. I first Traveled to Spain in 2006 and visited an old college friend (Spainish). I was simply taken by the country.

This site and others helps me maintain the connection and desire to get back there. Perhaps to find employement that allows me to travel to Spain more often than the once or every other year I can go there.

Also through this site I was able to find other sites about Spain like Ben & Marina's Notesfromspain.com and some other spanish podcasts.

So thanks for being there

And I wish you great success with your businesses and you many [InsertSpainCityName]MAN.com endevours.

Best

Joe Acosta
Los Angeles California

#65612 - 07/12/08 02:11 AM Re: MadridMan! Wow!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks a lot, JAcosta! Glad to have you here and hope you make it back to Spain someday very very soon.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments