Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6558 - 02/17/04 09:17 PM Cordoba: Hotel Maimonides
9erfanatic Offline

Loc: Redding, Ca
Spending one night (June 16th) at Hotel Maimonides in Cordoba!!! Any thoughts??? Six Californians first venture into Spain. Can hardly wait

#6559 - 02/17/04 10:10 PM Re: Cordoba: Hotel Maimonides
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi 9erfanatic! Welcome to our little ALL SPAIN Message Board!

My goodness! Looks GREAT from their website ! It's RIGHT across the street from La Mezquita! EXCELLENTLY located.

But I'm a little confused. In the 360º fotos HERE it starts out with clearly La Mezquita on the left. You twirl to the right and see the hotel façade of... Hotel El Conquistador. What gives with that? Has the hotel changed names?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6560 - 02/17/04 11:09 PM Re: Cordoba: Hotel Maimonides
9erfanatic Offline

Thanks for the welcome Madridman!!!! Love your site. What a help for those who are first timers to Spain...I think you are right. It does look
as though the hotel changed its name...Still looking for hostel rooms in Madrid for the 17th to the 19th of June...We'll keep looking..Thanks again

#6561 - 02/18/04 02:41 AM Re: Cordoba: Hotel Maimonides
lasketchup Offline

It looks like a very beautiful place to stay. Please let us know how you liked it once you come back. It if turns out to be a great hotel then I may have to stay there atleast once on my first visit to Spain. I hope you all have a wonderfull and exciting time:)

Allison

#6562 - 02/18/04 05:59 PM Re: Cordoba: Hotel Maimonides
9erfanatic Offline

Allison........

Thanks you for the kind thoughts!!!! It is people like you that makes message boards such a positive experience...Thanks again and I will post upon return

Ray

#6563 - 03/11/04 08:38 AM Re: Cordoba: Hotel Maimonides
OWL Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I kind of stayed at the Hotle Maimonides last summer (2003). We checked in only to find that the A/C wasn't working well enough to keep the room temp. below 95 degrees (F). Mind you though, this was during August and also during an unbelievable heatwave (it was 125F every day for over 3 weeks...we were living in Andalucia at the time for work reasons). They let us leave with no problem, so we went over to Hotel Conquistador (they are owned by the same company...Style Hotels I think the chain is called) whose lobby was ice cold:)
We ended up staying there that night, but we were really uncomfortable: it was, at best, 85 degrees in the room. The really nice lady working the front desk gave us an interesting excuse about how the buildings in the old part of the city can't keep cool like the hotels in the outskirts can. In any event, we enjoyed seeing the beautiful Cordoba sights, but we high-tailed it back to our Utrera hotel room where the A/C was pumping:)
Good luck!
owl

#6564 - 03/15/04 01:23 PM Re: Cordoba: Hotel Maimonides
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by Isiss on 03-15-2004 12:19 PM]

Conquistador and Maimónides Hotels are not the same. But the owner is the same.

Conquistador: http://www.hotelconquistadorcordoba.com

Maimónides:
http://www.hotelmaimonides.com

Both near to the Mezquita.

Maybe Conquistador is nearest but I recomed you Maimónides.

--------------------
**Isiss**

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments