Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65543 - 09/15/07 09:46 AM Madrid Airport
angy Offline

Loc: Sacramento,CA
Hello,
Is 1 1/2 hours enough time to transfer from T4 to T4s at Madrid's airport..this will be first thing in the morning on Jan 5th. if that matters.

Thanks!
Angela

#65544 - 09/16/07 09:22 AM Re: Madrid Airport
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
T4s? confused I've yet to hear of that one. but 1.5 hours should be enough time to transfer between any two terminals without a rush.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65545 - 09/17/07 04:00 AM Re: Madrid Airport
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
T4s is the satellite terminal of T4. To get to it you enter via T4, go into departures, and then get an automatic driverless train under the runways to T4s.

15 minutes is usually plenty of time to make the transfer so your timescale will not cause you any problems at all.

T4s also has it's own selection of the usual shops and overpriced bars and restaurants to pass the time, so I would go straight there as soon as the gate number/letter is announced.

#65546 - 09/22/07 09:42 AM Re: Madrid Airport
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Was just throught there a few weeks ago and they have signs posted that say you need 30 mins. That is about correct.

#65547 - 09/25/07 04:37 PM Re: Madrid Airport
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
There are two things, the physical travel time and the amount of time you have to be at the gate to board, and they are not the same thing. The couple of times I've traveled out of Terminal 4, it has taken about 15 to 20 minutes between walking and the train to get between the two. I think you have to show up at the gate least 15 minutes before they close the plane doors, so clearly someone would have to plan on an absolute minimum of a half an hour if changing planes (this is only if the flights are internal Spain or Schengen area, need much more if you have to clear immigration from outside Schengen).

#65548 - 09/25/07 06:52 PM Re: Madrid Airport
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
You need to provide more details... If you are changing airlines and have to claim your luggage and check back in, then you could very well miss your plane. If you don't have to go through immigration and baggage claim, you should be okay, provided that your flight lands on time.

#65549 - 09/26/07 07:14 AM Re: Madrid Airport
angy Offline

Loc: Sacramento,CA
I am coming from Seville so don't have to pick up luggage or to through customs, so I should have plenty of time.

Thanks for all the replies.

Angela

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments