Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#65416 - 12/21/06 12:40 PM Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas to everyone and your family!

And a very Merry Christmas to MadridMan and Mrs MadridMan for keeping this terrific website up and running. thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Bill

#65417 - 12/21/06 04:59 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks, Bill from NYC!

And Feliz Navidad, Merry Chritmas, Happy Hannukah, ¡Feliz Reyes!, and Happy New Year to one and all.

Thanks for 5-years-o-fun for our little message board. YOU make it what it is. smile

Sincerely, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65418 - 12/22/06 08:51 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
And one more Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad and MEle Kalikimaka to all -

http://www.thecompassgroup.biz/merryxmas.swf

Enjoy -

#65419 - 12/22/06 04:14 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Feliz Navidad y Prospéro Año Nuevo to all in MadridMan. Also, Feliz Dia de los Reyes Magos.
joyeux Noel et bonne année de Paris

#65420 - 12/24/06 07:32 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Felices Fiestas a todos! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

#65421 - 12/24/06 07:45 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It's now officially Christmas Day here in Spain (after midnight, now the 25th of December).

We spent the day in Segovia with some nuns at a convent and then had lunch at Restaurante Duque where we all ordered the requisite cochinillo (roasted suckling pig - delicious!) and then back to Madrid to spend Christmas Eve with the usual seafood and shellfish. We ate LITTLE for dinner as we were all still stuffed from the large lunch. We sat around the table, then at midnight, telling stories of Christmas' past and how much things have changed for children of the current present-receiving generation, how many children (at least here in Spain and probably also in the USA) these days know very few Christmas Carols nor are they interested in learning or singing them. How "when we were kids" we went door to door to sing Christmas Carols for your neighbors but now no one does this. How "when we were kids" we'd sing Christmas Carols with our family after dinner on Christmas Eve and now after dinner the kids go play with their video games or watch a movie in another room like any other day.

Merry Christmas, Everyone. Don't forget the joy is great in the giving than in the receiving - and not only the giving of presents but the giving of love, respect, and support for those closest to you - and even to those not so close to you, even to people you don't know at all, to give for the sake of giving to those whom have little or whom have nothing. Try to do little things for people whom you might otherwise tend to take for granted. Have you ever received a gift "out of the blue" from someone you didn't know well? How did it make you feel? You felt greatful that someone else shared their joy with you through giving, to show you a little kindness and maybe appreciation just for being you.

A very merry, happy, joyful, family-oriented Christmas to you all. santa

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65422 - 12/24/06 10:33 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Felicidades a todos!, MM, it's so good to read of your wonderful life in Spain. Just thinking about the cochinillo asado at Duque's makes me wish I were having a navidad espanyola (but the NY one is pretty good, too).

#65423 - 12/26/06 12:14 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Well said MadridMan. And that was just about the message of mass on Christmas eve. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Me, I did as you said and shared my life with family and friends. This is the only gift that will last forever.

#65424 - 12/26/06 01:38 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Quote:
telling stories of Christmas' past and how much things have changed for children of the current present-receiving generation, how many children (at least here in Spain and probably also in the USA) these days know very few Christmas Carols nor are they interested in learning or singing them.
Or on each Christmas there was Christmas stocking and they were hung from the fireplace mantel. Each stocking had the kid's name on it and was filled with candy and small toys.

Bill did find his Christmas stocking full of coal, because he was naughty that year! thumbsup

Bill

#65425 - 12/26/06 07:21 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Feliz Navidad a todos...my "extended" Madrid family! I enjoy spending time with you all everyday and send you a warm saludo santa

#65426 - 12/28/06 05:41 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
neilstrauss23 Offline

Loc: madrid
"Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon"
"Naimbag a Pascua ket Nasayaat a baro a tawen"
"Merry Christmas to everyone!!

wishing you all good health and good wealth to all MADRIDMAN FAMILY..

Neil laugh clap :hdspin:

#65427 - 01/06/07 09:30 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
¡Feliz Navidad!

#65428 - 01/08/07 05:40 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Just back from being out of touch for a few weeks. Feliz Año Nuevo!!!!

#65429 - 01/09/07 11:57 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
WB Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Felices Pascuas a ti y a todos aqui.

#65430 - 12/19/07 01:43 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Another year went by and I have not visited one of my favorite countries to visit, Spain. frown

Maybe Santa will bring me a gift next year. A better exchange rate were my money does not take a beating. cloud9

Bill

#65431 - 12/20/07 04:11 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
That's a mighty tall order, even for Papa Noel. I also wish to extend my holidays greetings and best wishes to all those who may read this.

After five months away, I miss Madrid more than I ever expected. Now I'm spending my time on bicycling forums instead!

Chris

#65432 - 12/20/07 05:13 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, Everyone!!! santa

#65433 - 12/24/07 06:23 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

(originally posted by member sallyanne on 12-24-2007 12:17 PM)

To everyone, and feliz Reyes tambien! Es mi premier Navidad en España!

#65434 - 12/24/07 06:33 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

And a very Merry Madrid Christmas to you, sallyanne.

Tonight is Christmas Eve, a very important evening in Spain. It's a time for families, for big dinners together, and for recognizing and appreciating those around us.

For Americans and many other Europeans, tomorrow, Christmas day is more important. While I don't have a Christmas tree or any decorations around the house, I have been playing my Christmas music on the CD player. My favorite is the Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" album. It always makes me feel so good and brings back wonderful childhood memories. Gotta get that on DVD.

I'm also partial to the toda la vida album, "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby.

#65435 - 12/24/07 07:11 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
well im a work until lunchtime, not far off now and the radio is blaring out the old favourites merry christmas everybodys havin fun by slade, wizzards christmas song and the pogues fairytale of new york all must be 20yrs old now but still massive favourites with the public, (its there pension) anyway i never get fed up of these songs and it really makes it feel very christmassy
ALL THE BEST FOR 2008 EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!

#65436 - 12/24/07 10:05 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Merry Christmas everyone and Feliz Navidad a todos! I'm spending time with my family today and tomorrow. We'll have a big dinner tonight and open some presents, and tomorrow morning open a few more gifts after going to mass. Tomorrow evening we'll have a smaller dinner and then visit with some close family friends. All my best to everyone on the board for a very happy holiday! santa

#65437 - 12/24/07 11:01 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Merry Christmas to All,

While I'm kind of partial to "Silent Night" and "God Bless Ye Merry Gentleman" I haven't heard enough of Alvin, the Hippopotamus song or the Grinch song this year. The radio stations I listen to must be taking Christmas serious this year.

#65438 - 12/24/07 07:34 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

While my parents sent me a couple Christmas gifts to open I'll wait and save them for Los Reyes Magos on the 6th of January when everyone else here is opening their gifts.

Today I spent the day and evening with the ones I love and tomorrow will be more relaxed, less important. While in my country with my family it's just the opposite. For us there, Christmas Eve isn't important. It's Christmas morning and day which is special for us.

I'd sent my parents a gift basket from www.Tienda.com and it seemed it all arrived ontime except for the Tetilla cheese from Galicia - which was back-ordered. Too bad. They did get, however, the guindillas, the almonds, the 8 cans of anchovy-stuffed olives, and a couple other things. Before Christmas they kindly asked me NOT to send them the chorizo, jamón, salchichón, and lomo this year as I did last year because "it's all full of fat." Ha! They don't know what they're missing.

Saludos, MadridMan santa

#65439 - 12/24/07 09:07 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Neddie Offline

Loc: Atlanta USA
...to "Member #2", who runs this site, and those good folk scattered across the globe who frequent it, Merry Christmas and all the very best for the New Year....

#65440 - 12/25/07 06:45 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks Neddie!

It's Christmas Day!!! For those whom celebrate this wonderful annual holiday today, hope your children didn't wake you up TOO early or sneak downstairs to find the presents before everyone else.

The son of a Spanish friend I have here in Madrid put a bucket of water out for the reindeer last night - JUST IN CASE. But Santa Claus (a.k.a. "Papa Noel" here) didn't come since it's not the custom. He'll have to wait for the Magic Kings on January 6th. I think he was "covering all bases". laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

#65441 - 12/26/07 04:17 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England

#65442 - 12/26/07 11:59 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Real cool, also unique! smile

#65443 - 12/26/07 02:36 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
toñete Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo-madrid
I'm a Spanish guy and I,m new at this forum. Merry Christmas to everyone.This message board seems really interesting.

#65444 - 12/26/07 03:24 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

And welcome to you, toñete. It's always nice to have new members - and even nicer to have new SPANISH members - to the message board.

My Christmas Day was pretty low-key. Today, I still felt like I was "On Vacation" but tomorrow will definitely be a "back to work" day.

I still have a number of gifts to buy tomorrow at FNAC in downtown Madrid. I'm NOT looking forward to that crowded nightmare. But luckily I/we have until January 6th to resolve shopping responsibilities.

Saludos, MadridMan

#65445 - 12/26/07 05:03 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Happy holidays to all at MadridMan!! Feliz Navidad.
sure mines was calm as well just some close family members around ,the rest are spread out too far away. Its been like that for years, so I am used to it.
I just drove thru some after Christmas shopping in the dept stores in Paris, very crowded indeed. I remember the same at El Corte Inglés in Preciados.

#65446 - 12/26/07 06:12 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
toñete Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo-madrid
Sorry, what do you mean by "low-key?

#65447 - 12/26/07 06:16 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

toñete, "low-key" = relaxed or not very active.

pedmar, but now Christmas is OVER, PAST in France. We, here in Spain, have until January 6th for more and MORE festivities!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments