Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#65397 - 12/03/06 03:46 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The average for capacity level for the Madrid reservoirs is now over 63%. In early October they were at about 38%, so that's a hellavuh a lot of rainfall for two months considering the city continues to consume large amounts on a daily basis regardless of whether it rains or not.

Many of the reservoirs are now at over 70% capacity (and several are above 80% and one above 90%), so things aren't too bad. I'd say it's pretty close to where they are supposed to be for this time of year. The forecast for much of the week is for off and on light rain, so maybe it will rise even further.

This positions Madrid well for the winter months where you can get quite a bit of snowfall in the mountains. You get very little in Madrid, as MadridMan correctly pointed out, but that's not important because where it needs to snow is in the mountains and that usually happens. In fact, it's typical to se those tops snowcapped through May.

But it never hurts to have a little more rain, as long as it's not on the 15th when I'm doing an outdoor Christmas market!!!

#65398 - 12/04/06 12:42 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
SRedw Offline

Murdy,

Thanks for the update and I hope that it won't rain during your outdoor Christmas market. I hope you sell a lot.

Have a great day,

Shawn

#65399 - 12/04/06 07:06 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Thanks Shawn! I hope not either. This is our fourth year with this charity drive and so far we've been lucky. I'll have to keep to praying to "Nuestra Señora del Tiempo Seco"!!!

#65400 - 05/12/07 06:35 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
I don't know if it was just me, but that Autumn/Winter seemed to drag on and on. Lots of wet, cloudy days, (good for water levels), relatively cold temperatures. Anyway, the last week seems to have welcomed back the sun at last.

For those of you that are interested, I found a nice little free download callled weather watcher. Here's the link :

http://www.singerscreations.com/AboutWeatherWatcher.asp

It leaves a constantly updated temperature gauge in your toolbar if you wish, of any major worldwide cities and can also give you the latest satellite image as a wallpaper.

#65401 - 05/23/07 04:32 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
¡ESO DIGO YO!

That's what I say! "What's up with all this RAIN!?"

I was on my way last night to dinner on the other side of the neighborhood (to eat PULPO at a place near the Puente de Segovia :p ) with a message board member at about 8:40pm. We walked there because it's a nice, long-ish walk (for my United Statesen legs). It wasn't raining but the skies were dark & threatening.

When we were about 500 meters from the restaurant the wind whipped up and started to sprinkle. No big deal. THEN, about 30 seconds later it started to rain HARD and the strong wind made our umbrellas almost useless. The last 100 meters WE RAN and ducked into the restaurant JUST as the rain fell as if someone from above was dumping buckets of water on us. We could barely get in the door for all the people standing in the doorway, gawking at the rain. One girl was taking photos and I thought, "My goodness! This is almost a "normal" rain in my home state of Ohio!"

About 5 minutes later, when after finishing our first beers, the HALE started to fall and lots of it, about the size of a 1-Euro-cent coin, which isn't big by any means, but it came down for a good 15 minutes like that.

By 10pm or so, when we left, it was still raining lightly but never stopped all night long.

Woke up this morning, started watching TeleMadrid news at 9:30am when it comes on, and for the past hour now there has been NO NEWS OTHER THAN THAT ABOUT THE RAIN. Lots of train routes to Almería, Valencia, and Andalucía have been halted, local Madrid metro stations closed, lots of traffic jams, everyone getting to work late (or still not yet), and it's still raining!!!

I'm happy to get the rain, we really need it for the upcoming long, hard, hot summer but sheesh! rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65402 - 05/23/07 11:49 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
it had better have stopped by sunday!

#65403 - 05/23/07 05:41 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Why's that, billy the man?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65404 - 05/24/07 02:29 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

oh yes sorry i forgot to tell all
its off to sunny costa blanca and benidorm for me

#65405 - 05/24/07 03:43 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
The Benidorm area forecast looks ok for rainfall from the weekend.

Madrid seems to be wet until Sunday. My favourite site for weather is :

http://euro.wx.propilots.net/

It looks more complicated than it is. Simply drop down the menu in the top left and under clouds and precipitation choose preciptation rate forecast 00 - 144 hrs. Then choose how far ahead you want to look, from the times along the top.

At the bottom of each image is the time for the image, followed by a Z. The Z stands for Zulu, which is the same as Greenwich Mean Time, and Spain is currently 2 hours ahead of that, ie 12Z = 14.00 hrs.

Hope you find that interesting and have a good holiday. thumbsup

#65406 - 05/24/07 09:26 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

very nice find Jamongris thanks, not had time to study it yet, ive got the enviromental health in the morning ,so im having to tidy everything up to keep the firm open, but i shall certainly look more closely later on. thanks

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments