#65218 - 06/19/06 04:43 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
Well this game certainly turned around.

#65219 - 06/19/06 05:00 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Spain vs Tunisia:
Thank God it ended the way it did, 3-1. Keep going Spain, you can do it!

#65220 - 06/20/06 03:54 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
That was so stressful. They were rubbish in the 1st half, seemed to pull themselves together for the 2nd thankfully.

#65221 - 06/20/06 03:59 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WOO HOO!! :jump: Wow, I did NOT have "a good feeling about this SPAIN team" at the midpoint rolleyes with the score at 0-1 for Tunisia. But after the "descanso" something happened and they scored THREE big goals - TWO of which were by the young Fernando Torres - (a.k.a. "El Niño" - of the Atlético de Madrid club). thumbsup

Silvita, I thought of your statement above because just after that they DID put in Raúl.

NEXT game for SPAIN is this coming Friday, June 23 against ARABIA at 4pm Spain time ( see calendar here ). Game here on La Sexta/CUATRO.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65222 - 06/20/06 08:14 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
A great win and Torres gets a double. I still think Raúl should not be playing and that he weakens the Spanish side, but it was good that he got a goal. I think that the difference was bringing on Fabrigas :hdspin: and then Joaquin. The Spaniards suddenly seemed to realise what was at stake and ultimately made the Tunisians pay.

I think that on Friday Spain will thump the Saudis which will set up a tie against South Korea, Switzerland or France. thumbsup

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

#65223 - 06/20/06 02:02 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Woo, Hoo!!!!!!!
MM, In San Diego, we have many, many Spanish speaking stations, and are able to watch every World Cup game.
The first Spain game against Ukraine was televised 3 times that day!

As an aside, are there any popular places in Madrid to watch the games? We are arriving on Saturday and want to catch some games at a pub or sports type bar!

GO ESPANA!

#65224 - 06/20/06 03:37 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
As an aside, are there any popular places in Madrid to watch the games? We are arriving on Saturday and want to catch some games at a pub or sports type bar!
Practically all bars. The issue would be to escape from the World Cup, not to see the matches. smile

At Plaza de Colon there is a big stage with a jumbo screen where all matches of the Spanish team are aired. Yesterday, the attendance was 20,000. Next match will be on Friday 23rd. Depending on that match result, next one will be either Tuesday 27th (99% possibilities) or Monday 26th (1%).

Friday's match at 4pm and both next week at 9pm.

#65225 - 06/20/06 07:37 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That's right, laduque. EVERY bar becomes a "sports type bar" when there's fútbol on the TV. I guess you might consider one of the thousands of Irish Pubs in Madrid to be a "typical" sports bar on football night but it's hardly "Spanish". I don't think I've YET to see a real "Sports Bar" in Spain. In the USA, as you know, they're everywhere. Hooters, anyone? hehehe.. wink

I remember Antonio telling us about a bar with a fútbol theme. I've seen it from the outside. It's in/at the Princípe Pío Centro Comercial - but the plaza outside is a rotten construction mess. I hear the drinks are expensive and it's not exactly centrally located - quite a walk from anywhere in the old downtown.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65226 - 06/21/06 11:23 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Thanks for the info. I have a feeling that if Spain keeps it up, I will no doubt, get caught up in the fever!!!!!!!

2 more days till I return to my dream city!

#65227 - 06/21/06 06:13 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Can't wait for the matchup Friday night. I have 2 message board members coming over to the house to watch it with me. Should be fun! Pizza, Beer, Cheer Cheer Cheer!! :hdspin: (HOPEfully)

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments