MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#65208 - 06/15/06 06:00 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Of all the matches I have seen so far it appears to me that Spain has adapted best to the new World Cup Balón. On long shots at Gol, it seems to 'take off' and overfly the net for players on teams like Brasil. My fear is: things will 'even out' as other teams get more accustomed to the lighter weight ball. rolleyes

#65209 - 06/15/06 07:31 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
They played the best football I've seen in the tournament so far.

#65210 - 06/15/06 08:41 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
Back in the days when we had a non-Spain discussion section, (not moaning I agree with MM that the politics was detracting from the site), I started a World Cup thread where I said I thought Spain had a good outside chance of rolling out as winners, if Raúl was dropped in favour of the kids.
Glad to see I was right wink

As to the best football so far, I think they share that crown with the Czechs and possibly the Argies. Oh well time will tell.

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

#65211 - 06/16/06 12:53 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Right you were The_Keeper!
I checked and you did say that very same thing!

Quote:
The_Keeper
Member # 4217

posted 04-24-2006 09:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK Guys and girls, just over a month to the world’s most popular sporting event and I want to know how you think things will go.

As usual Brazil are favourites and surprisingly England are second favourites.

Personally I hope England win (Three Lions on the Shirt and all that) but I think Spain are a good outside bet. I don’t know what the odds are but if I was a betting man, I should imagine you would get at least 10-1 for Spain to win and I reckon that would be worth a 20€ flutter. I base this on the phenomenal seasons had by Spanish players mainly in England. Fabrigas has had a great season, I don’t care that Rooney got Young Player of the Year, I think Fabrigas should have won that crown. Then there is Luis Garcia and Alonso at Liverpool, both quality players who are playing well. Casillas in goal, Puyoll in defense. And not forgetting El Niño up front.

Finally, completely un-scientifically, have you noticed the Spanish successes in sporting events over the last year, Nadal and Alonso. It always seems to go that when a country does well in one sport there seems to be a cluster of successes in a variety of sports.

For these reasons, I think it could be a good year for Spanish football.

It would be even better if Raul manages to injure himself before the squads are announced. IMO he cost Spain progression in the last European championships.

--------------------
Where you see a crowd I see a flock.
I can imagine the Party Madrid will have. laugh

#65212 - 06/19/06 03:03 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The SPAIN v. TUNISIA game JUST started. 0-0 still. I have a good feeling about this SPAIN team!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65213 - 06/19/06 03:40 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Spain vs Tunisia does not look good right now! They are down 1 - 0 !!
Could this be the beginning of the TYPICAL choke that they pull every world cup????

Come on Spain....win the cup once and for all...
Por la Gracia de Dios!!!

#65214 - 06/19/06 03:53 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
This is not good. And it's raining! Fernando Torres looks frustrated. They need to bring in the oldies with experience. Bring in Raul!!!

#65215 - 06/19/06 04:02 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm with you two. Spain looks frustrated and seems to lack confidence. Tunisia is definitely playing more aggressively but I haven't seen any "brilliance" from either team yet. Let's see what the second half brings after this mid-point "descanso".

Say, are you two watching the game there in North America? How? Is this particular game televised there on "local" (i.e. "free") TV or only on the cable television stations? Here, The World Cup rights were won by the new(ish) TV station " CUATRO ".

Now to take the pizza out of the oven and crack open the Amstel.

Whoa! They're starting the second half!! Still raining. Gotta go.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65216 - 06/19/06 04:05 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
Silvita Offline

I'm watching it live on WGBO-TV Channel 66 in Chicago. It's the Spanish-language Univision affiliate here. Because it's the biggest Spanish-language network in the U.S. (they also broadcast around the world), the excitement for the game is high. For all the Latin teams, there are special reports on fans and players. This morning, all the newscasters were wearing Spain jerseys and they had a "tuna" playing traditional music!

They heard my plea! Raul is in!

#65217 - 06/19/06 04:29 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
Silvita Offline

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments