More info here.

Link to Madrid Skyline Webcam: http://www.avendano.org/webcam.html

Regards
Robbieroy

#65076 - 10/03/05 05:58 AM Re: WOW - Madrid Solar Eclipse
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
So how was it? According to the aforementioned live cam, it'll be going on for another 30 minutes or less but it sure looks bright to me!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65077 - 10/03/05 08:33 AM Re: WOW - Madrid Solar Eclipse
monito Offline

Loc: madrid
It was quite a sight, the sky went 80% dark and it got a lot colder, the street lights got confused and came on!
Antena 3 and TVE covered it live with shots from the screen they had set up outside the Planetarium.

#65078 - 10/03/05 08:56 AM Re: WOW - Madrid Solar Eclipse
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
We were all at the office near to the windows to see it!

It got slightly darker and (it is said) somewhat colder, but you just couldn't say that the sun was covered because it still was very bright.

Curious event!!!

Fernando

#65079 - 10/04/05 03:33 AM Re: WOW - Madrid Solar Eclipse
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The eclipse happened at the very same time the kids at my school normally have recess, so we didn't let them out just in case. As anyone who has taught primary children knows, if you don't want kids to look at the sun, don't tell them NOT to! So we kept them inside, though some of the older children who had special protective glasses were allowed to see it.

I got a chance to take a look, and it was incredible. A couple of things surprised me. One is that it didn't get as dark as I expected. Everything sort of dimmed as if someone had put a camera filter over the sun, but it didn't really get dark. Some say it looked like dusk, but it wasn't exactly that either. It was a unique kind of light. At the height,it was interesting to see the shadows...thousands of what looked like miniature eclipse shadows were all over the place. On the ground, the walls, etc. That was cool.

As for the temperature going down...that's possible, but to be honest it was a pretty chilly morning, so I didn't notice anything.

And that was that. Next date, 2026...I believe...statistically I should still be around for that! I hope so! wink

#65080 - 10/07/05 06:40 AM Re: WOW - Madrid Solar Eclipse
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow! Check out this photo of the solar eclipse progression over Madrid's Retiro Park.

Image found @ http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html and was shown to me by a kind coworker. smile Thanks, Craig!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65081 - 10/08/05 11:52 AM Re: WOW - Madrid Solar Eclipse
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
20 Minutos , the free daily newspaper, has a photogallery of the eclipse . Pictures have been sent by readers.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments