Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#64950 - 03/31/05 05:50 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I Think that is probably the biggest thing I miss about spain. In the US we don't have a life.Work is our life.

#64951 - 07/19/05 12:42 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by missmadrid98 on 07-19-2005 12:22 PM]

hey guys, remember me? i am sure MANY of you donīt cause it has been YEARS since i have posted. Well for those that do i just thought i would say hello. someone from the message board sent me an e-mail asking me how i was and if i was still living in madrid, so i decided to drop by the message board and say hey. yes i do still live in madrid and have been now for 4 1/2 years, can you believe it, i canīt. time passes so quickly. remember when i left? when i sold everything and moved to spain? well everything turned out fine, iīm great. i work as a pre-school teacher and have been for nearly 3 years, i live in malasaņa/chueca and have tons of friends. iīve travelled all over spain and have got to know what it is REALLY like to live in spain and what this place is all about. there are even things i am really tired of if you can believe it, but anyways, wish everyone the best and iīll drop a i line sometime again!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64952 - 07/20/05 12:38 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
MadridMan has moved my message to this topic which i was obviously so unaware existed. i canīt believe you guys actually thought about me and remembered me and were actually wondering what happened to me. that is so cool. well anyways i donīt know what i culd possibly post anymore cause itīs to much information but this was the best thing i ever did with my life was to make an impossible dream come true, but it was very very difficult, anyways wish all of you the best and perhaps i will drop by now and again to post something

#64953 - 07/26/05 04:02 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
AH HA! you are still alive! I e-mailed you and also started the thread concerning your where-abouts.

Glad to hear that all is well. We were in Madrid for a few weeks at the end of May, beginning of June. Too bad we could not get together for "un bocadillo de calamares". We did a big chunk of the "Camino de Santiago" by bike and saw many new and old places. Will be there again in 2 years. Good to hear your ok. Cheers!!

#64954 - 08/28/07 01:43 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
ELECTRACITY Offline

Greeting all! Sorry to "bump" this thread back to life. It has been a while (again) since we have heard from Missmadrid98!
Hope all is well with her and that someone can give us an update as to how she is doing.
Well, summer of 2008 is around the corner (sort of!) and we cannot wait to get our feet back on spanish soil.
I'll make sure to drop in more often promise.

#64955 - 08/28/07 04:10 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

From time to time I send her an email but I don't think I heard back from her the last time. I've JUST sent another. Let's see if she pops back in for news about her life in the world. I wonder if she's STILL in Madrid. If so, hopefully she'll be able to attend one of our get togethers someday.

That photo of her above is just the best. It always makes me laugh. That's someone who's REALLY enjoying herself.

MISSING MISSMADRID98, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64956 - 12/10/07 08:01 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
wow, it has been truly a long time since i have logged on here. i remember like 8 years ago being logged on all day at work and constantly replying and sharing info about spain. Man that picture of me dancing takes me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy back. That was my first trip to spain, ahh just turned 21 and having the time of my life on a trip that changed my life forever, in june of 1998 in a little town called San Lorenzo del Escorial. Man i love dancing, you know the people of el escorial said they were going to erect a statue of me dancing in the plaza!! ah man, i dance good though okay, i don't dance like elaine, man i dance good!!! there are so many pictures of me dancing in spain, i swear it was like a sport for me. anyways, it's been a long road and i couldn't possibly begin to explain everything, and also nobody here even knows who i am therefore understanding my actions and life choices can be difficult. I spent 5 years living in spain, i left with 900 dollars, 2 suitcases and a dream to live in el escorial of Jan 2001, and i did it. I lived in El Escorial for a year them moved into the city. i was hungry and cold for years but i was also my happiest. I've been poor and a survivor my whole life so i was cool with all the hard parts, though it is tiring. I remember after a few months of living there, it all came so naturally to me, everything was so natural. Spain is a place where i am most at home, most happy, and most fulfilled. My soul will always be at home there. after 5 years i made a decision to leave, it was time, i needed to go, with all the intentions of coming back. i never finished school and wanted to finish and take a break from spain, which had given me everything she could give. i was working as a preschool teacher for years but was unable to go ANY further from there. i always wanted to finish my history degree and work as a historian in europe so i decided to go back to l.a. and finish school. I currently now work with children with autism and i am working on 2 bachelor degrees. i visit spain and constantly talk to my friends, i'll be visiting hopefully in about 6 months, we'll see. anyways, spain is my home and my heart, and she ain't goin no where! i'll be with you again my love,shortly, we'll meet at the cafe for my cafe con leche, corto de cafe, con leche templada and a fortuna light!

#64957 - 12/11/07 03:45 AM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

OMG!!!! eek WOWEE!! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your long traveled road, missmadrid98!

MANY people have the same dream you had - but you acted on it and made it work for as long as you could. Now, as you've said yourself, you're changed forever - for the better.

I SINCERELY hope you'll contact me/us when you come back to Madrid and we'll arrange a gathering for your visit.

Best of luck on your TWO (WOW!) Bachelor degrees!

So there you go, everyone! One of our most-discussed message board's original members pops back into our lives even if for only a moment.

Very sincerely, MadridMan smile

#64958 - 12/11/07 02:55 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
MissMadrid!
I am so happy to hear from you on this board...I too, remember your insight and input as one of the original members of this board.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.
I hope you stick around the board and contribute to it again!

Good luck to you!
wave

#64959 - 12/19/07 01:36 PM Re: Where is MissMadrid98 ???
ELECTRACITY Offline

Thanks missmadrid!

Good to hear from you. Yes the years do go by....We are all getting older...But there will always be Madrid!! Do pop by from time to time.

I will be in Madrid perhaps in Aug or Sept of 2008. I will keep you peeps posted and perhaps we can meet and have un bocadillo de calamares juntos!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments