Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64890 - 02/05/05 04:05 PM invitation
Alpha19 Offline

Loc: Voronezh, Russia
Guys, I have a problem with invitation to Spain. Here is a deal:
My husband and I are married 37 years. This coming fall we want to go to Spain - a sort of dream of our life. We are both professors at the University. We've been working at this project for two years now, saving money, reading books about Spain, etc. I've even learned Spanish. We would like to travel independently to explore the country and feel its spirit. The problem is - we are from Russia and need invitation from someone in Spain to get a Spanish visa.
We don't know anybody there. How can we cope with this problem, who can help us?
In return , we can also be helpful and invite this person to Russia, and I can even be a guide around Moscow or St-Persburg. As my side-job, I have been working with American students for 12 years now and made a lot of tours for them around this cities. Anyway, we shall be thankful for any ideas.Thanks, alpha19

#64891 - 02/07/05 11:51 AM Re: invitation
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hello Alpha19,
As educators you may have other options.

Have you tried going through the auspices of UNESCO. Since you are both educators you may be able to obtain a visa through them. www.unesco.org/
I know of several U.S. librarians that have been able to obtain cultural visas to countries like Cuba, with the help of UNESCO.

Another idea, is to contact Spain's department of education and ask them if they have a visiting lecturer/research visa available.

Good luck.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments