Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64865 - 01/28/05 02:43 PM Madrid: Location of fire departments?
James1 Offline

Loc: maryland
I am a firefighter in the US and am going to Spain This May for three weeks, I always visit firehouses on vaction in the us and would like to do the same in spain Could anyone provide the addresses of firehouses in madrid or a point of contact i could call or e-mail for the information. THanks

#64866 - 01/28/05 04:40 PM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello James1! And welcome to MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board!

You can visit the "official" website of the "Cuerpo de Bomberos de la Comunidad de Madrid" @ http://www.munimadrid.es/bomberos/

There, at the bottom, you have a phone number, street address, and email address. You might email them (in Spanish) to ask if it would be possible to visit some of the firehouses.

I know of one JUST NEXT TO the Plaza Mayor near the southeast corner.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64867 - 01/29/05 06:07 PM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
James1 Offline

thanks madrid man

#64868 - 01/29/05 06:38 PM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
James1, there's a nice modern fire station in the Barrio del Pilar, alongside the Parque Norte. The address is Avenida de Monforte De Lemos, 20. You can walk there from the Barrio del Pilar metro stop. If you plug in the address in the qdq web site , you can see it - all red and blue tiles.

#64869 - 01/29/05 10:20 PM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
James: I could not tell you anything about fire stations in Madrid or any other city in Spain. I can say thank you, for your service to your city and your fellow man. For you to want to take your vacation time to see how your fellow fire fighters in another country do their job, shows a high level of dedication to your proffession.
Thanks again.

#64870 - 01/31/05 08:38 PM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Hi James,

I am a police officer here in the US and I did the same thing, only with police stations. The Spanish police did not seem to get the "fraternal thing". Even though I can speak fairly good Spanish, it was not a memorable experience. They seemed nervous about letting me into the headquarters building and this was well before the Atocha bombing. Maybe you will have better luck with the FD.

Regards,

Dave B.

#64871 - 02/01/05 08:57 AM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
James1 Offline

hope so!

#64872 - 02/02/05 06:36 AM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
Appa Offline

Hello, James!

I can't give you any extra info about where they are, but I actually saw them doing their job last week when I was visiting Madrid with my wife. There was a roof on fire in Puerta Del sol, in the same building where is El Corte Ingles and it wasn't long until there was lots of fire trucks on the plaza. I've got a couple of digital photos of it, but I'm not sure where can I put the in internet. Gotta see if I can fit them on my photo-site at

http://groups.msn.com/SenderismoHeikki/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=38

#64873 - 02/03/05 09:28 AM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
James1 Offline

Thank you for the pics. I tried looking for some of action pics online, but have not found any yet. James

#64874 - 02/03/05 01:16 PM Re: Madrid: Location of fire departments?
Appa Offline

I added 4 pics more, because you seem to be interested in them. Just click the link to see the picture and then theres link "seur." which means "next" to see the other four.

Good thing was that anything bad didn't happen and the fire was soon extinguished.

I'll keep thos photos there for a week, so I hope you will see them during that time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments