Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6464 - 02/06/04 02:49 PM Hotel Alixares, Granada
omeyas Offline

Loc: UK
Anyone know the e-mail address of this hotel please? Is there any way of booking these hotels without going through the booking agencies? Tried phoning from UK, costs a fortune, and they went off to try and find someone from reservations, I gave up in the end! I thought the e-mail address they gave me was "alixares@hotelestorcel.com" but I'm not sure, it was an awful line.
Thanks
Frank

#6465 - 02/06/04 06:59 PM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
First of all, I thank you for NOT going through the booking agencies. You know... (uh-oh. it's rant-time rolleyes ) one only needs to do a search for THE website for a particular hotel only to find a hundred billion so-called "Discount Reservation Services". Oh-MAN they burn me up. Everyone scrambling to get an ever-shrinking piece of the "reservation-for-commission" pie. rolleyes And in doing so, it only clutters the internet even more. Ugh.

Well. Okay. Here goes. My Google.com search yielded nothing but CRUD. So, I went to http://www.HotelSearch.com (they've totally renovated their website) and typed in the name and it seems the OFFICIAL Hotel Alixares website is @ http://www.hotelesporcel.com/alixares_esp1.htm (only in Spanish) and their email address is on there too. Seems to be part of the Hotel Esporcel "network". And while it's odd that they don't show any prices on their website, HotelSearch listed them as having rates in the 65 - 86 Euros range. Not bad.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6466 - 02/07/04 11:58 AM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
omeyas Offline

Many thanks. Yes, it's weird, very few sites I've loked at seem to give prices. The prices you quote seem fine, the one's I looked at through booking agencies seemed to be above 90 euros.
Thanks again,
Frank smile

#6467 - 02/07/04 01:59 PM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I stayed at that hotel in 2002 and 2003. It is in a great loation. the alhambra is right across the street. The only thing is the hill that you have to walk down to get to the city(if you walk) where the nightlife is. There are busses that drop you off in the city center at plaza nueva. They are approximately 2 blocks from the hotel. Excellent choice.

#6468 - 02/07/04 05:40 PM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
omeyas Offline

Trouble is, I have e-mailed them 3 times to date, and still have not had a reply. Seems to happen very often in my experience, it's almost as if they don't want to let rooms. confused I realise this hotel is always going to be busy and they can be choosy, but with many other hotels I have struggled to get a reply from them.
Frank

#6469 - 02/07/04 09:04 PM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm not sure when you started sending emails to the email address you listed in your first posting but these places can take up to a week to respond. It's the way it is. The ONLY faster way is to call them direct on the telephone and it seems you've tried that. Oftentimes the smaller establishments only check reservations/emails a few times a week. Maybe they figure if you're really anxious you'll call them by phone. Who knows. Problem is, if you don't speak Spanish there's a good chance whoever answers that phone won't speak English. I'm sure they'll respond to your email(s) in the order they were received. Good luck! smile

Also, would you be so kind as to give us your hotel review of this place - after the fact - should you decide to stay here? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6470 - 02/08/04 05:39 AM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
omeyas Offline

Thanks again! When you say smaller establishments, I think this hotel has in the region of 180 rooms! smile If I ever get to stay there, I'll certainly give you some feedback. I have stayed twice in this hotel in Ronda and would recommend it,it's a bit different to the run of the mill hotels. Nice people, nice food.
http://www.andalucia.com/alavera/.
You can also see some of my photos of it here, if you scroll down.
http://www.pbase.com/abwhitt/spain_october_2003

Frank

#6471 - 02/08/04 10:09 AM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks for offering us a review of the place should you stay there.

And guess what, I just spent the last 30 minutes looking over all your BEEEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL photos of many locations in Andalucía (and some of your others as well). Makes me want to scrape my money together and try to buy a little flat in one of those "white villages". If only I had enough to scrape! wink

Saludos, MadridMan

#6472 - 02/08/04 12:18 PM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
omeyas Offline

Thanks very much for the kind words! smile Glad you enjoyed the photos. Ah! my dream would also to be able to afford a property in one of those villages. If I had the money, I would move out tomorrow. There are a few photos there of Vejer de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz, we went there for the first time last May, and again in October, and for me, es una maravilla. wink We should be in Spain next month and again in May, looking forward to it!
PS. No e-mail reply, as yet! laugh
Saludos
Frank

#6473 - 02/08/04 04:44 PM Re: Hotel Alixares, Granada
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I Think I know why they are not responding. This hotel is very popular with the tour groups. When I stayed there I stayed with a group 0f sixty the first time and a group of 150 the second time. Try some of the places by plaza nueva.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments