Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64524 - 06/09/04 09:40 PM Wording for art studio application needed, please
rena Offline

Loc: AUSTRALIA
Hi i am a student, and am applying for a grant of a studio in barcelona.
but i need to get a project description for my application.
i am hopeless, what i want to say is that i want to go to barcelona to paint and live and breathe the catalan air!
but they want more....
can anyone help me. with some impressive words, something to do with landscape painting would be great.
any help most appreciative.
regards, rena.

#64525 - 06/10/04 12:24 AM Re: Wording for art studio application needed, please
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Try something like this...
Dear sir or madam,
My name is Rena, and I would like a grant for a studio in the vicinity of Barcelona. I have only been able to study the beautiful landscapes of Barcelona from afar, as I live in Australia. I am now eager and willing to do whatever it takes to secure a flat in the Barcelona area so that I may paint the magnificent scenery that Barcelona has to offer, possibly offering original paintings at no charge for display in any of the city offices that the municipal would see fit.
I think that many people are into flattery, and everybody is into free stuff. Instead of thinking about what they can get you( although that is the point of the letter) perhaps think about what you can offer them in return. Possibly offering free originals or a weekly community art class where the city may collect any moneys received. Tell them why it would benefit them to grant you this flat.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments