Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6435 - 01/31/04 05:36 PM Granada: Inexpensive hostal near alhambra?
mhmartel Offline

Loc: Konstanz, Germany
Anyone here know of a nice but inexpensive hostal near the Alhambra in Granada? We only have a short time in the city (about 36 hours), so we want to be as conveniently located to the main sights as possible, without spending too much money (a private double with shared bath would be fine).

Would anybody like to recommend a place?

Thanks.

#6436 - 01/31/04 07:19 PM Re: Granada: Inexpensive hostal near alhambra?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
The bus transportation to the Alhambra is great so do not feel like you have to stay nearby. The parador ( Parador Nacional San Francisco ) is actually located inside the Alhambra and is lovely. I have not stayed there but I have eaten in the restaurant. The food and service were spectacular. Another hotel just outside the grounds, I think is called Hotel America . It is small but reported to be very nice as well. There may be one more as well, but I cannot recall its name.

#6437 - 01/31/04 08:25 PM Re: Granada: Inexpensive hostal near alhambra?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While I can't personally recommend a place (I haven't even been there yet! Can you believe that?! rolleyes eek ) but there's a listing of "hostales" & "pensiones" which have websites @ http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Andalucia/Granada/Granada/ . I see there are two or three located near the Alhambra.

Whatever you decide, would you please return to this/your thread and tell us about the place you chose and then, afterwards, give us your review? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6438 - 02/02/04 03:23 PM Re: Granada: Inexpensive hostal near alhambra?
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
I can recommend Hostal Nuevas Naciones . It's not terribly close to the Alhambra, but really nothing is because the road up to the Generalife is so long.

Nuevas Naciones is run by a family, the place is super clean and it's right off the Gran Via and less than a block from the Alhambra-bus that takes you up to the "castle" in about 5 minutes. However, since it's not on the Gran Via, you can get a good night's sleep. A plus is that there is a pastry shop that sells great coffee right around the corner.

Placeta de Triviño, nº 1 (Calle San Juan de Dios)
(34) 958 270503
hnuevasn@wanadoo.es
http://granadainfo.com/nuevas/granadahostal.htm

Good luck!

#6439 - 02/04/04 04:42 PM Re: Granada: Inexpensive hostal near alhambra?
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I was just in Granada two weeks ago. I stayed at Hostal Landazuri (sp?) on Cuesta de Gomerez. It is very close to the Alhambra (300m, all uphill), and close to the bus stop for the Alhambra-Albaycin route. They have a choice between in-room and down the hall bath and toilet facilites, so you can be a little more flexible with price. The rooms are basic and clean and staff is very nice. The central heat is kept on low though, and I did find the room a bit cold. There is a little cafe downstairs that serves a reasonably priced breakfast, but is only open until 10:30 am.

If you will be riding the bus a lot, you can get a 20 ride bono for something like 6 euros (check the price, I'm not positive on that one). I was traveling with someone else so we just split the bono and it worked out great for our 2 day stay.

Hope that helps!

#6440 - 02/04/04 09:50 PM Re: Granada: Inexpensive hostal near alhambra?
Au Offline

Loc: Singapore
Just like to say thanks for all these info too! We will be Granada in Mar 04 and these info are very handy too!

#6441 - 02/05/04 12:16 PM Re: Granada: Inexpensive hostal near alhambra?
mhmartel Offline

Loc: Konstanz, Germany
Thanks for all the great advice!

We are really looking forward to this visit. Leaving in a week!
Woo-hoo!

laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments