Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64384 - 04/19/04 09:42 PM Welcome back, MM!
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Welcome home! You probably wish you were still in Spain, but we're glad to have you back. When can we expect some "dish" on the party? :p ...and the rest of your trip?

#64385 - 04/20/04 12:43 PM Re: Welcome back, MM!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the Welcome Back, Vicki!

You're right, I do wish I was still in Spain. It seems to happen more and more like this.

I return home from my trip and the next morning I feel stimulated, positive, and enlightened. A few hours later, after passing through my first work-day, it suddenly oozes into my consciousness and I begin feeling depressed and unconsciously begin shaking my head back and forth and mumbling, "What the heck am I doing here?"

Regarding the "dish" on the party, which course would you like first? wink hehe.. Tonight I should be adding to the existing thread with links and/or a few photos.

Happy to be back home where I can spend more time on the computer. But.... at the very same time I miss being so in-touch and "connected" (in the social and actual sense of the word) in Spain. Here, life seems so disjointed and my world is seen through a kind of Spain-filter. This can't be healthy for ones soul, having this very strange conflict, just behind the eyes but very very close to the surface, between dream-state and reality.

As for the rest of my trip, I'll be adding little bits here and there, including some details on my daytrip to Segovia. Unfortunately there was no extra time to keep a Daily Online Journal this time around.

Already thinking of my return trip, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64386 - 04/20/04 12:59 PM Re: Welcome back, MM!
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Welcome home MM. It will be interesting reading of your recent trip. Any first hand info regarding the tragedy?

Just a thought....what's keeping you from moving to Madrid? Not to get nosey but, you're a bachelor, no kids I assume. You could easily become a tour guide with your vast knowledge of the country, Im also assuming you have a good command of the language.....why not? (Im not fishing for personal info) wink

#64387 - 04/20/04 01:24 PM Re: Welcome back, MM!
Jacquie Offline

Loc: St Augustine Florida
Welcome back MM. I can't wait to see the photos you have of Spain! Hopefully sometime in the near future, my family and I will go visit Spain. For now I have tapes and books to look at and "THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET!!"
That's a good question Osomajor stated, why not move to Spain?

#64388 - 04/21/04 12:00 AM Re: Welcome back, MM!
mariacristi Offline

Loc: melbourne
Welcome back MM. I can't wait to hear about the party and see the pictures!!

#64389 - 04/21/04 05:43 AM Re: Welcome back, MM!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sorry I didn't have time last night to post those photos. Will try to do that tonight.

Why not move to Spain, you ask? I'm working on that. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64390 - 04/21/04 03:31 PM Re: Welcome back, MM!
Stevie Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Dear MM:

Very glad that you made it back safely--I've been anxiously awaiting your feedback on this trip and the Party. Unfortunately, I missed you and the others by a week. I was extremely moved by my most recent trip to Spain and although I have now been back in the states 2 weeks, I still can't get it out of my mind--I yearn almost every moment of everyday to go back. I look at my pictures several times a day. I spent Saturday cutting up fruit to make several pitchers of sangria...I feel as you said, I am going through my life through Spanish goggles. I can't quite get back to normal--and I don't really want to. I miss speaking Spanish, I miss my cafe con leche (although I have been making them almost everyday here). The life there suits me well and I too am and trying to figure out how to move there, but in the meantime I'm planning to get back there this summer or fall.

Anyway, I do welcome you home but as someone suggested awhile back, I would be willing to spend the $10 membership to help finance your online business and perhaps your move to la bella, Espana. smile

#64391 - 04/21/04 09:02 PM Re: Welcome back, MM!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Welcome back, MadridMan! We missed you here, it was not the same without you. But I understand the wish to go where your heart beckons. I know you will soon be there, you have built up too much good karma.

I am dying to hear about your trip to Segovia, I hope it is as beautiful as I left it.

Saludos! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments