Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#64204 - 03/12/04 10:37 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Thanks almohada.

These are sad times.

We have received so much support from abroad that we can only be grateful for having so many friends around the world.

Fernando

#64205 - 03/12/04 03:04 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Kevin Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
Cristobo Carrín's response was a kneejerk response and one that we have all made in the past. His anger got ahold of him as it has me, many, many times. As far as CNN, they are known to be controlled by the leftist media in the states and would so anything, in my opinion, to discredit the coalition of the willing's war on terror,to include marginalizing the tragic event that happened in Madrid and distance it from the attackers of 9/11. It is my opinion that this was caused by Al Queda and that complacency isn't an option at this time. You guys have a right to be angry at CNN and my heart and prayers go out to you guys. Now, I am known to be a hothead when it comes to politics, etc. (Can't have too many heavy objects near me when I am watching the news, if you know what I mean) and when I heard that Al Queda IDIOT in London try to deny responsibility because, "Al Queda doesn't target innocent civilians" .....I wanted to throw the TV out the window.

The only thing we, as nations of free people, can do is turn into the attackers. The day of proaction is here and reaction is no longer an option. We can no longer stand idly by and wait for something to happen. Innocent civilians are being targeted. These people do not distinguish between combatants and non-combatants. They hate us all.

GOD bless all freedom-loving people,

Kevin
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"
-- President John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
-- President John F. Kennedy

Democrats, why the change?

#64206 - 03/12/04 03:58 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Rocinante Offline

Loc: N. Redondo Beach, CA
Me toca a mí.

FOX NEWS Suck!!! (All mainstream cable/network media outlets do) Anyone who thinks that it's truly 'fair and balanced' has the I.Q. of a 60 watt bulb. More Americans watch it than any other news program because it's so unabashedly pro-american and they don't question what they hear anyway. It tells most viewers what they want to hear and makes them feel good SO THAT THEY STAY TUNED AND WATCH THE COMMERCIALS (this is the basis of television - advertisers pay $$$ for the exposure, networks run things that will get those viewers to watch - no commercials, no T.V. shows) instead of actually reporting the reality of the situation. They are self proclaimed conservatives - and very poor journalist. And the flag in the backround is chillingly Big Brotherish - like watching 'state T.V.' If you watched a news program in Iraq or Russia for example, constantly waiving their flag in the backround, you would question their objectivity too.

And yeah, boy, CNN is sooooo liberal. All those stock holders worried about quarterly dividends and CEOs in charge of programming to keep advertisers happy are all really closet hippies. They're about as liberal as the pope is protestant. rolleyes

#64207 - 03/12/04 04:13 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Kevin Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
Since when is loving one's country "big brotherish"? I think anytime you see something happen to a people, they put their differences aside and become binded by the one thing that can bring them together...that they are all countrymen. ...and if you don't think CNN is left-leaning from hell, well, that's a telling sign of how you believe. You think you are centrist, as most liberals do, and anything to the right of you you consider far right. How wrong you are. I am a Libertarian and feel that people like you AND right-wing fanatics are bad for ANY country. Tell me, are you opposed to how we are handling the war on terror? If so, tell us, oh wise one, how would you have handled it when you had no support from many of your allies. I'll give you time to consult with your "liberal politicos" as to what you would have done and how you feel Spain should address this issue. IMO, liberals never have answers as to how to defend their country. They want to hold hands and sing Kum-Bay-Ya with the rest of the world. Guess what, much of the world wants you dead. Then what?

With that said, this is neither the time nor the place to start a political bashing session.
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"
-- President John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
-- President John F. Kennedy

Democrats, why the change?

#64208 - 03/12/04 08:54 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Kevin,
You have restored my faith that thinkers still exist.

Thank you.

Gosh, for many of us, when the Stars and Stripes wave, the feeling is NOT of nationalism, but of pure and unadultered freedom. Those yahoos who scream USA! USA! at sporting events but then go and break every serious responsibility that goes along with freedom are american with a small "A."

Rocinante, I trust that your beef is with those americans with the small "A." I hope so. Because if it is with Americans, the kind that Kevin is saluting, then you are missing the big picture. In these times, you MUST be able to distinguish between the two. If you truly believe in freedom, you will welcome Americans. If you want to play politics, and consider all of the USA to be in bed with Fox or CNN sans rational and realistic thinking, then you are no better than the yahoo or the eltist hypocrites we see with increasing regularity in the US.

So when the US offers to help with the investigation or coordinates with Aznar on anti-terrorist tactics, you have your choice. Treat this gesture as an american gesture--for which your ego and God knows whatelse boils to the top--or you can treat it as an American gesture, one that is borne out of genuine empathy and commonality of spirit.

It's your choice.

A...for American and damn proud to be one.

Viva España!!! Viva la libertad!!

#64209 - 03/12/04 09:50 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Kevin wrote:
Quote:
With that said, this is neither the time nor the place to start a political bashing session.
I'm in total agreement, Kevin. Keep the faith, my brother.

We're here to unite and support Madrid and Spain. Please try to keep cool heads while discussing this very very passionate and sad event. Thank you.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64210 - 03/12/04 10:23 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

A list of names of those mortally injured (the dead) can be found on the ABC.es site HERE .

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64211 - 03/12/04 10:28 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
MadridMan-
It is a little difficult to "keep a cool head" when several of the posters continues to liberal-bait. In not so many words, Kevin and others have accused those with liberal political beliefs of being unpatriotic and supporting terrorism, among other things. I would say some of the posts insinuated that liberals are sympathetic to this horrible massacre. I find it ironic that Kevin continues to bash people of other political persuasions and then says:
Quote:
This from the man who said (referring to Rocinante's post)
Quote:
I am a Libertarian and feel that people like you AND right-wing fanatics are bad for ANY country
I held my tongue after reading numerous previous posts, but I can do so no longer. Read the definition of loyal opposition. Please back off on the political rhetoric.

For the record, I have read the CNN site and have seen ETA referred to as a terrorist organization, as a separatist organization that is on the US terrorist list, and as a separatist organization.

We are all adults and capable of evaluating for ourselves how slanted (or not) a news organization's coverage is...

Saludos, V

#64212 - 03/12/04 10:43 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Well said. Let's all agree to disagree. ¿Vale? It is true that it's EXTREMELY difficult to keep a cool head in this situation but let's try to (or at least not to lash out and ) respect one another's opinions and not impose our own individual beliefs as the one and only correct one. Lest ye not forget the Spanish Inquisition.

#64213 - 03/12/04 11:20 PM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
I think we are doing a pretty good job given the circumstances...Venting has not been done in bad taste by any stretch of the imagination...I just read the thread on immigration...Yikes, MM. Things got NASTY.

God bless every one. An extra hug to your amor en donde que se encuentra...

'night!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments