Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#64174 - 03/11/04 06:21 AM Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Loc: Asturias
Hi all, I`m visiting Madridman after leaving the following message at CNN website:

>>>I have just been watching CNN news on the Madrid attack. Apparently, this 125 deaths were carried out by a certain "separatist group". Mind you, not terrorists at all, just a "separatist group", so I guess this was rather a battle than a terrorist attack, wasn`t it? And I guess also that 9/11 was some sort of political demonstration from commited Muslim believers, am I right?
>>>I can`t stand CNN hipocrisy on this subject. Believe me, this is not the best day to demand me for simpathy on Americans.
mad mad

#64175 - 03/11/04 06:32 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
CNN as an objective source for news was discredited long ago when they admitted doctoring the news in order to be allowed to remain in Iraq. This is all too common in journalism today, and especially in the politically controlled US press.

#64176 - 03/11/04 06:52 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I too have been watching CNN as well as internet TV and listening to Spain/Madrid radio all morning for all news.

CNN did happen to mention that ETA is on "USA's Terrorist" List".

It's a dark day in Madrid. frown Very, very sad.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64177 - 03/11/04 07:19 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Cristobo Carrín Offline

I am happy that you are OK, MM. Really. I have just phoned to see if my friends over there are safe. You know, one half of Asturias moved to Madrid in quest of a decent job.
As to the CNN they are just “reporting”, they are “impartial”, now they have just told about Jack Straw “standing shoulder to shoulder with Spanish people”, which is of course a good thing. And I guess I should be grateful that they went as far as “reporting” that the federal govt. has included ETA in the terror list.
Well I should be grateful, but I am not. I am in RAGE. And you know, MM, as I do, that had it all happened in the US, CNN wouldn`t call ETA other than terrorists.
Now they say ETA inmates in prisons are celebrating the massacre. SOBch!!!!
A sad day, indeed. No one loves Madrid more than you do, MM. Please don`t feel involved by my words. OK? frown

#64178 - 03/11/04 07:31 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm a bit worried and still trying to contact friends and "casi-familia" (near-family) in Madrid but lines are busy or no one is home, etcetera. There are even people I know whom use those stations on their way to work at the hour the bombs were detonated. I have my fingers crossed ("tocando madera") and hope they are well but am completely saddened for those who were killed or injured.

UPDATE: I've fortunately been able to contact friends and "family" in Madrid and all are well. Thank goodness.

Sadly, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64179 - 03/11/04 07:56 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
First of all my heart goes out to the families of those killed, hurt, or otherwise affected by this despicable act of terror. While I caution not to jump to conclusions until the a preponderance of facts are in, I certainly hope those in power have the courage to root out the evil and cowardly vermin.

Secondly, and forgive me for interjecting my raw feelings here, but wrt to the comments of Cristobo Carrín...

"I can`t stand CNN hipocrisy on this subject. Believe me, this is not the best day to demand me for simpathy on Americans..."

What the f*** are you talking about? You should be ashamed of yourself to equate the politicalspeak mumbojumbo of CNN, an entity beyond any semblance of control of 99.99% of the everyday Americans, to the sentiments of the American people and particularly those Americans, new immigrants, and foreign nationals who died on 9/11 by similarly despicable and cowardly hands.

If you are unable to distinguish bewteen the two or differentiate among the innocent, powerless, and powerful, then it is you who are brainwhased by pop media.

Such comments are sickening and belie a true ignorance of geopolitics and the common man. Shame on you.

Almohada

#64180 - 03/11/04 08:12 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Almohada
The BBC is refering also to the famous "separatist group".
I don`t know who is to blame, but it is obvious something goes wrong in the English-speaking media. I am glad to hear laypeople don`t share their biased, inmoral views.
I think I have kept polite all time, certainly I DO respect American victims of terrorists. I just hope the same from others

#64181 - 03/11/04 08:19 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Spaniard Offline

Loc: Valencia
I agree with Almohada: "Cristobo, What the f*** are you talking about?"

To me, TODAY is specially a day to feel simpathy towards the americans, remembering the massive disaster of World Trade Center, and towards any innocent person from any country whose life is truncated when she or he is going to work, to shopping, to study, or whatever.

I am sure that american people, who suffered the september 11th tragedy just "yesterday", are feeling just as an own drama the bloody crime that happened in Madrid today.

Just read their messages, and think twice before talking. All of us feel the same rage, but we must use our brain, just to distinguih ourselves from those who use a bomb instead a brain.

Media are media. We have many unrepresentative media here in Spain, too, didn't you know?

People are people. When I read the messages of american people in this bbs, I read messages from people who are just like us.

And now, please, let's get back to the important thing. There is many people dying and suffering out there. We don't kow yet their names: maybe some of them are american, sice there are many foreigner people in Madrid. Did you think that?

#64182 - 03/11/04 08:23 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
mecky Offline

Loc: US
As I am reading the sad news my heart aches for the pain that others impose on humans. I dont understand why. I thank you Almohada for youre feelings RAW as there may be. I cannot understand Cristobo's mind. What is he talking about???
Simpathy on Americans??? We are mourning over people whos life got changed forever. How terrible this is FOR ALL OF US.
It is not the number of people that have been killed it is the death of each and every one person that is tragic. My heart is sad

#64183 - 03/11/04 08:36 AM Re: Madrid: Separatist group ETA conquers again
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
We too wait on word of loved ones who would have arrived in Atoche Renfe at about the time of the bombings. But it goes beyond that. Our hearts reach out to everyone who was killed or injured, regardless if we knew them or not.

This has to end. Innocents cannot continue to die at the hands of terrorists, and nobody doing anything effective to stop it. Nations and people have to unite in their efforts to make it stop. It's time that all political differences be set aside, and unity prevail. Let it start here by everyone understanding the enormity of what happened in Madrid, and supporting the people in their efforts to uncover the truth of this horrible tragedy. Let's also hope that whoever was behind this pays dearly for what they've done.

Wolf

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments