Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6415 - 01/27/04 04:17 PM Hotel in Madrid
Ward Offline

Loc: Texas
I will be staying in Madrid June 18 -20. What is a nice clean hotel in an area where I can walk to cafes, bars, torist attractions, shopping etc. I guess old town Madrid. About how much a night should I have to pay?

#6416 - 01/27/04 04:58 PM Re: Hotel in Madrid
JA Offline

Loc: usa
You may want to take a look at the Frommer's or The Lonely Planet handbooks to get a general idea about the whole thing. Normally, I would not pay more than a 100 a night (double, no bfst). Check the books first.Think about staying a hostal which is like a family-owned hotel, small and simple, super clean.

Good luck.

Juan

#6417 - 01/27/04 06:33 PM Re: Hotel in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yours is a pretty broad question, Ward. Anywhere in Old Madrid you can walk to bars, restaurants, discos, museums, etcetera. It's ALL very centrally located and accessible on foot.

A mid-to-low-range hotel which has gotten good reviews is the Hotel Europa just off the Puerta del Sol, on a pedestrian street and right next to you you have the FNAC and El Corte Inglés shopping centers and there are loads of bars, restaurants, and the Plaza Mayor is just a few blocks away, same with the Royal Palace and about everything else you'll want to see. Another hotel to consider is the Hotel Plaza Mayor located just next to the Plaza Mayor. Both hotels have double rooms in the 70-95 Euros range.

Good luck and enjoy your time in Madrid! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments