MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64053 - 12/31/03 05:37 PM No dinner avaliable (Dec 31st) Madrid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I wanted to share with you what hashappened to me tonight:

I use to have dinner this day with my family when I am back home, or with friends at any home in other ocasions.

This year, for the first time, I felt like I wanted to have dinner alone, no matter that I'll later go out with friends. I didn't want to spend a lot of money (60+ euros or the like), so I went to VIPs, a cafeteria chain I like . I visited like 4 of them: all closed.

Then I went to others of the same kind. Closed.

I assumed I'd have to pay more, and tried to find a restaurant: none of my favourite ones was open.

I tried more expensive ones (realising I wouldn't probably be lucky if open, because I had no reservation, although mine was an early dinner for this day: 9 p.m.). I saw no one open.

I then thought of sandwiches (very special) and take away food from Rodilla chain. Closed.

In despair, I went to Mac Donalds or Burger King for a burger. closed

I was beginning to believe I'd have to unfreeze some chicken (my emergency reserve), when I finally saw a good restaurant in Colón Circle that was open. They are a big one and have a delicattessen shop.

There I had "Ensaladilla Rusa" (potato, ,carrot, olives, tuna, mayonaisse, ...salad), a pasta and bacon salad, and some sirloin steaks with blue cheese sauce and small potatoes I am just having.

Cheers!

I just thought somebody not from Madrid or Spain could feel very surprised by this lack of services in such a night.

BTW, I saw a lot of people waiting for the scarce taxis, from 9 to 10.30 in the streets. It seems they didn't care much of the business, either.

Note: I was also very surprised to see Cibeles ans Neptuno statues painted in multiple different colours. One would think it was a hooligan, but it was too well painted (and with style). I liked it (for the 31st day). laugh

#64054 - 01/02/04 07:28 AM Re: No dinner avaliable (Dec 31st) Madrid
Miguelito Offline

I'm surprised of your persistence looking for a place in such a night, I think I would have gone home and look through the kitchen what food there is.
I guess is not worth for taxis and bussiness to open or work. I catched a taxi at 19:30 and he asked me where I went because it was going to be his last trip before going home to have dinner with his family.

#64055 - 01/02/04 09:16 AM Re: No dinner avaliable (Dec 31st) Madrid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, my persistence was due to the fact that, since I was supposed to dine out and I don't use to buy much food at the time, I only had some frozen chiken in the fridge, which would have not been very appropiate for such day, would it? laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments