Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64035 - 12/24/03 11:29 AM poor sara!!
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
I´m in Buenos Aires at moment. A local magazine had a article last week re: the marriage of sarita Montiel.
apparently the story that her very young husband was still madly in love with her was untrue. she told the magazine " He was no good to me - he´s gay!!" 70 if she´s a day and still going strong!! I´ve p'osted this as I know she gets a menion on this site from time to time.

#64036 - 12/24/03 03:57 PM Re: poor sara!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi zorro37! Is this Sarita Montiel Spanish? If not, I'll move this thread to the Non-Spain Discussion forum.

Have a great time in Argentina! Wish I could have been there this holiday but we couldn't get flights. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64037 - 12/25/03 09:47 AM Re: poor sara!!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Hey, MM:
Way back when (1960), Sarita Montiel used to sing a song called Es mi Hombre and I loved to listen to it. She also had a lot of other 'Hit' songs back then and appeared in several motion pictures. I was madly in love with her!

She was a movie star in Spain; she lived in Spain so I just assumed that she was Spanish. Sorry, I don't have her fé de nacimiento.

#64038 - 12/26/03 02:34 PM Re: poor sara!!
zorro37 Offline

Eddie your right on the button.She is Spanish through and through. When I´m home I´d like to check if she is the same Sara that starred with Marlon Brando in " One eyed Jacks"

#64039 - 12/31/03 04:04 AM Re: poor sara!!
Miguelito Offline

Yes, she's Spanish from La Mancha (I don't remember now which town), and probably it's true that she worked with Marlon Brando as she tells a story about Brando coming to his house to ask her fryed eggs for him, as he had listened how well she cooked eggs. Anyway, his favourite actor is Gary Cooper.

#64040 - 12/31/03 05:07 AM Re: poor sara!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

She was beautiful and extremely sexy (to me) when she was young (I saw these films 20 years afterwards smile ). But she has not resigned to know that she is now old, in fact, pretty old.

This is a page I found with her biography.

Here, in English, biography, filmography, ...

#64041 - 12/31/03 04:26 PM Re: poor sara!!
zorro37 Offline

Miguelito, thanks for that interesting snippet. Talking of Gary Cooper. Sara wasn´t the "peasant girl" in the Cooper/lancaster movie "Vera Cruz"?

Best wishes,

#64042 - 12/31/03 05:08 PM Re: poor sara!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, she actually took part in Vera Cruz.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments