Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#63961 - 11/25/03 12:34 PM a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everyone

im going to spain baby!!!
next tuesdays the day!!!

dec 2,2003 is my trip to spain! i have not been there since 1997!

seven days to go and counting!

will be in madrid,alcala de henares,ortiguiera galicia,coruna and ferrol.

wow can't wait.

you all must have felt the way i feel right now because you all obviously have been to spain.
this is not my first time though.

seven days and counting!
ive been counting for quite a while but its now here!

Spain Spain My Spain laugh

#63962 - 11/25/03 12:50 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
TOO COOOOOL!!!

We all know you'll have a wonderful time and can't wait to hear all the details about the places you visited, the things you saw, and the delicious foods you ate. Mmmm...

Saludos, MadridMan laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63963 - 11/25/03 03:22 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

thanx MM

i will for sure make a medium-lenghth fmiketheman 2003 spain trip diary. wink laugh smile

#63964 - 11/25/03 04:30 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Have a great trip!! wink I am especially interested in hearing about your trip because I hope to visit Alcalá de Henares in February and Galicia in July!!!

#63965 - 11/25/03 06:57 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
mariacristi Offline

Loc: melbourne
I am sooo jealous!!!

GOODLUCK AND ENJOY...

#63966 - 11/27/03 09:04 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

smile

#63967 - 11/27/03 10:43 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
The Año Júbilar Xacobeo in Santiago de Compostela begins this week: If you can make it to a Misa de Peregrino (Pilgrims' Mass) in the Basilica Saturday at 11:00 AM you'll be glad you did.

They swing the Botafumeiro, a 4-foot tall incense censer during that Mass and it can be 'terrifying' if you happen to be seated in an aisle seat in the north or south apse of the Basilica. Lots of other good stuff happens in Santiago during a Jubilee year (like the Tuna Universitaria de Santiago). Since you're going to be in a'Corunha anyway, it will be worth the effort. cool

¡Buen Viaje!

#63968 - 11/27/03 01:11 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

OH MY GOD REALLY??

guess i have to add and fit santiago de compostela to my trip while in galicia.

while in coruna area i will make it a must to head over to santiago for this mustsee event.

thanx alot eddie!

#63969 - 11/27/03 05:12 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
ESPAÑOL20 Offline

Madrid is in no way what it used to be back in 1997. Maybe you think you are in Quito or Morocco now.
800.000 legal newcomers and 400.000-500.000 illegals. Everything will be a great surprise for you 6 years after your visit to Madrid.

Now you will have to take care of your personal belongings to avoid thiefs (non-spanish thiefs obviously).

Enjoy the last remanences of the true Madrid. In 10,20 years it won´t be the same (just look at the public schools and you will see why....)

#63970 - 11/27/03 05:40 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
"800.000 legal newcomers and 400.000-500.000 illegals"
- many of us on the board included, Yes, you'll find Madrid a little more diverse and fun these days. Enjoy!

#63971 - 11/28/03 06:00 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

fmiketheman writes:
Quote:
...guess i have to add and fit santiago de compostela to my trip while in galicia.

while in coruna area i will make it a must to head over to santiago for this mustsee event.
As I recall, it's only about 20-minutes on the regional rail from a'Corunha to Santiago; and there's fairly frequent service. You'll probably spend longer than that hiking from the Renfe station to the Historic area.

Up the steps from the station - cross the street at the traffic signal then continue up the hill to the Plaza de Galicia. Cross the Avenida and go left - a few doors down is Cafeteria Yate, where they make fresh churros. At the corner turn right then right again into the historic area - follow the c./ de Franco to the Plaza del Obradoiro.

Santiago is the Capital of the Xunta do Galizia. An historic building that houses The Administrative Offices of the Xunta is just north of the Basilica.

#63972 - 11/28/03 07:01 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Hi, fmike!
Yes , you'll find a more active, diverse and fun Madrid now, but unfortunately there are a few things that have not changed since 1997, for example the ultra right wing and racist people like ESPAÑOL20. But enjoy your trip, they are not worth listening to.

#63973 - 11/28/03 10:35 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
ESPAÑOL20 Offline

deibid you are the RACIST!.

I pointed out some IMPORTANT ISSUES. Madrid is not like it used to be, he must understand. If he gets pickpocketed, gunned down, assaulted, ............. by IMMIGRANTS, he will have to say thank you to those communist, leftist, stupids, that promotes multiculturalism.

Now everything can happen in Madrid (the best and the worst).
In 1997 just usually happened the best.

Take care of your personal belongings when you see those "ethnic minorities"....

BTW I´m not an ultra (i´ve never voted), for me ultraleft and ultraright it is the same stupidity, but also NAZISTS AND COMMUNISTS ARE THE SAME GENOCIDES AND GARBAGE.

COMMUNISTS KILLED 70 MILLION PERSONS IN THE WORLD (Lenin, Stalin, Pol Pot, Jemeres Rojos).

NAZIS 7 MILLLION.

ALL OF THEM WERE GENOCIDES, but it seems communists are some how tolerated now. Can anybody explain it to me?. They are the same sh***

#63974 - 11/30/03 08:13 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Okay, we have a thread that people tend to get emotionally involved about. If I may I'd like to comment on the following statement:
"Now you will have to take care of your personal belongings to avoid thiefs (non-spanish thiefs obviously)."
I'm afraid I don't suscribe to this notion of a totally safe Madrid prior to the last few years. You see I visited in 1992 and 1993 and on both occasions someone tried to pick my pockets. Indeed the guide books of the time alerted people to dangerous areas eg Gran Via (some things never change!!). ALso on one occasion someone tried to mug me with a knife. Again I was fortunate in that no money was taken and amazingly I was able to leave the assailant with bruised ribs. Nowadays I would choose discretion over valour. In those days there was a big drug-addiction problem (and very few immigrants) and consequently most if not all thieves were locally based.
I think the long term solution is to ensure people can get work - although there is now plenty of work in Spain, the GOvt has made sure that illegal immigrants cannot work legally (I think it's designed to discourage said immigration) and consequently I suspect some resort to illegal ways to get money. Having said that I travel a lot on buses going to different work sites and a lot of decent working people are Latin American immigrants. No problem at all (in fact they probably benefit the economy immensely).
This anti-immigrant debate has gone on for years in the UK. What people tend to forget is that for example 70% of nurses in London are from foreign countries. Without immigration, the UK health service would collapse...
Ok hope I've bored everyone to tears now and highly charged emotional comments may fade...

#63975 - 11/30/03 09:57 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Poor fmiketheman. His innocent "Hey! I'm going to Spain!" thread has turned into an ugly, racially charged topic. rolleyes It's amazing how that can happen!

Next thing you know, someone will mention what a wonderful tour they had of Barcelona's Parc Guell and someone will jump in and down the throat of the original poster stating something like "DON'T YOU KNOW NOW MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE WERE MURDERED DURING THE CIVIL WAR THERE?!? HOW DARE YOU MENTION THIS PARK!"... and on and on. Come on, people. rolleyes

Ugh, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63976 - 11/30/03 10:57 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

hehe thanx for the "support"

don't worry im still going. cool laugh

2 days and counting!

#63977 - 12/01/03 06:44 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Go on fmike! and bring your coat, it's getting chillier here!
And btw, I don't understand why ESPAÑOL20 says I'm a reacist. Does he know me? I have not said anything that implies I'm a racist, I thought I had made an anti-racist comment... well anybody reading español20's comment can understand that HE is the racist. I hope he tries to reply inteligently this time.

#63978 - 12/01/03 10:17 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Espe3 Offline

I know its been forever!
Mike, we´re waiting for you here! Have a safe trip!!!!!

#63979 - 12/01/03 10:55 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

NO NAME-CALLING! mad We won't have that here. Debate is fine.

#63980 - 12/02/03 09:13 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

thanx espe3, MM, and deibid and others.

im leaving today!

p.s.
deibid you are not racist trust me.
but im not sure if espanol20 is.
if he is or not i dont care.

ANYWAYS... im leaving today!

hasta la vista!

#63981 - 12/02/03 10:04 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey fmiketheman. If you fancy a beer, I'll buy you one. Just send me an email. cool

#63982 - 12/04/03 02:52 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

en vivo desde alcala de henares!(live from alcala de henares.

im in spain!

sorry ignacio but i left madrid this morning and wont be back to madrid until the 13th next saturday.
thanx anyway but my papi already provides me some san migueles and mahoues cool

ill be in the north by sunday.

im lucky my family here in alcala de henares has internet.

yesterday while in madrid i couldnt go online to talk to you guys.

hey MM you no what i ate today: sopa de fideos,gambas al ajillo,y paella marinera con sidra e fanta de naranja.
i imagine you do the homer from the simpsons. laugh :p wink

yesterday i was in hortaleza,plaza de cibeles,gran via,calle de alcala y plaza mayor,puerta del sol and surroundings.
i saw a outdoor play near puerta del sol.

i also did a paseo through these streets and ate tapas and cheap beer at cerveceria alemania near calle del prado and visited with family there.

i have alot of family in spain.because my dad is a galician immigrant who left all his family in spain and they in turn scatterd to madrid,alcala de henares,ferrol,and of course one of them(my uncle)stayed in ortigueira.

#63983 - 12/04/03 03:15 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

fmiketheman wrote:
Quote:
hey MM you no what i ate today: sopa de fideos,gambas al ajillo,y paella marinera con sidra e fanta de naranja.
i imagine you do the homer from the simpsons.
Mmmmmm... rolleyes :p mmmmmm.... Ohmygod.... I read the first two items and was already moaning with visions of gambas al ajillo dancing in my head. heheheh... My goodness... :p

Glad you're enjoying your time in Spain, fmiketheman. Please do keep us posted.

Saludos, MadridMan

#63984 - 12/04/03 08:20 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

Loc: uk
hi everyone i thought i would just tell you all thats its 6 days until i go to Madrid for the first time.Im a nurse currently on nightduty and in approx 7 hours im on leave,i think most of the staff and patients are sick of me talking about Madrid,one person even said to me why Madrid?how can you answer that?Log on Madridmans message board was the only answer i could give.Soon i will be able to decide Madrid or Barca ?? and give my own hotel review.

#63985 - 12/05/03 01:29 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a quick note:

Barça is the name given to the Barcelona Futbol Club.

Barcelona is also called Barna.

#63986 - 12/05/03 10:51 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

ignacio

i know you want to meet me and everything and i do too.but i just can't. frown

#63987 - 12/05/03 11:53 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Anonymous
Unregistered

No problem, man. It was just an idea, there will be more opportuniies, and I know your trip was a little packed with visits. smile

I can stand it, I am still not in love. Ha, ha. laugh laugh laugh

#63988 - 12/06/03 06:20 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Hi chez 123

You said ",one person even said to me why Madrid?how can you answer that?Log on Madridmans message board was the only answer i could give"

Well you could also say:
It has 3 of the world's best art galleries (you can't say the best - how do you compare the Louvre or the National Gallery with the Prado?)Loads of museums.
It has perhaps the wildest nightlife in Europe...Almost a 24 hour city (in fact you can always find places open). Whatever music or dance you're into, you have a good chance of finding it here...
You can eat the best food from around Spain and also from the Latin world. Fish and seafood are almost always available... and if you like steak you absolutely MUST eat Argentinian.
The most successful football team ever has its home ground here...
Fascinating historic cities a short journey away (Segovia, Toledo, CHinchon, Avila, El Escorial)
Plus good wine at very reasonable prices. And free aperitivos with your drinks in loadsa bars..

But yes, unless you have stayed here, it is very hard to realte to people how good it is....
...just don't say you're coming for the warm weather...it's cold here in winter!!!

#63989 - 12/06/03 02:33 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everything

very true filbert

in other matters:

ive seen the great cities of madrid and alcala de henares.

now,tomorrow morning im heading for the north of SPAIN!in particular GALICIA!

i will start my trip there in santiago to see the anho xublilar celebrations that eddie recommended me to see.

then i will be in a corunha and head afterwards to nearby o ferrol.

will end my trip in madrid then sadly head on to barajas frown

who gives a **** im in spain right now and i still have more days to suck up spain.

oh and MM you know what i ate today for la comida?

caldo gallego,calamares al ajillo y flan! cool

#63990 - 12/07/03 08:59 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

hi Filbert thanks for your reply ,only 3 days until i go.Do you live there? any suggestions for a night club/disco for 4 people ages between 35-45.I agree about the football club did you watch the match last night,the atmosphere appeared fantastic.

#63991 - 12/07/03 09:55 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

en vivo desde galicia home(hombre)!

im in santiago de compstela!

#63992 - 12/08/03 06:42 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Hi Chez123,
Not sure this is the right place to give advice on nightspots (perhaps under Food and Entertainment). Also perhaps A Spanish guy on this board can give better advice re nightspots...I'm not really one for nightclubs. Especially in Madrid as it's quite easy to find bars open to 3 or 4 am.
If it's your first time in Madrid perhaps the place to head for is Plaza Santa Ana. Near here you can find jazz places, disco-bars, karaoke bar etc.etc. My recommendation to start the night (after 11!!) is Carbones on Calle de Manual Fernandez y Gonzalez, which is in heart of night bars. Also try Calle de las Huertas. If you like American Dixie and Country music goto Bourbon Cafe on San Jeronimo 5 (close to Sol). Or try Latino/Cuban spots around Calle de Espoz y Mina (again near Sol). Further afield a cosy blues venue is on Calle de las Hileras, off Calle Arenal near Opera metro. Again on Calle Arenal you have Palacio Gaviria which is allegedly a top nightclub (I've not been there).
Even further afield Malasaña (especially around Calle de San Vicente Ferrer) has night bars to suit all tastes. I understand Lavapies area has some excellent venues, but check with Spanish friends as it also has dangerous spots I believe. Also don't discount going in irish pubs as they often have info/flyers etc and you can ask barstaff for suggestions...
One place I want to visit is Kingstons on Calle Barquillo in the Chueca area. It's supposed to be the top place here for Reggae and Soul; just hope there's not too much hip-hop which kinda grates on me...
Well hope you have a great time. If you know where you're be one night let me know. It'll be good for me to hear the gossip from back home (I'm from Nottingham) and share a beer with you..
Cheers
Mark

#63993 - 12/08/03 12:25 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hola todo el mundo

im in a superguay cybercafe called cyberhackers here in santiago!

its a holiday here and the rain has stopped for SOME time and the sun was out until the sunset!

eddie
i think i missed the celebration of anho xubliar xacabeo because i went to mass in the santiago cathedral at midday yesterday and didn't see that type of mass with the botafumeiro.

do i still have a chance? or should i head on with my trip to corunha? i must head on...but santiago mola mucho.

#63994 - 12/08/03 02:28 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Hi Chez123,
Forgot to leave my number here. It's 645503760. So if you and your gang of travellers want any help in navigating Madrid this coming weekend give me a call ( preferably after 9 pm). I'm not an expert on Madrid (there are others on this site who fit that description) but I'm sure I can show you some nice parts wink .
Nice to hear4 fmiketheman is having a good time. Sunshine in Galicia? He must be blessed...

#63995 - 12/08/03 02:56 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hola a todos

filbert

thanx for the feeling nice for me enjoying myself here spain! smile

my stay in galicia was even more sunny than my stay in madrid.

and ive been only been up here in galicia for two days.

yesterday was a beautiful day here in galicia.while in madrid the weather was very rubbish.

rain in madrid? wink

#63996 - 12/09/03 12:17 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

hi mark ,thanks for your reply i appreciate you taking the time to write,you have given me loads to explore.WE fly tomorrow morning and we fly back friday night ,i know this isnt long enough but it will at least give me a small idea of why you all love madrid.I realise you are busy midweek so its not an ideal time for a tour,im really grateful for your offer and we plan to do a long weekend in the spring so perhaps you will be available then.Anyway must go an PACK!!!!i will tell all when i get home CHERYL

#63997 - 12/09/03 04:02 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hola a todos

hi chez

we do not all just love madrid WE LOVE ALL OF SPAIN rolleyes smile

congratulations! you are going to spain tomorrow.
your day has come.

and trust me on this:

spain IS great.

#63998 - 12/10/03 02:04 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

hi Fmiketheman i know all of spain is great,i have been to quite a few places but still a lot to explore its just my first time to madrid.I read your messages with interest and im glad you are having a good time.Only 2 hours until we leave cant wait.

#63999 - 12/10/03 06:34 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

here comes some more interesting messages Chez!

i am in ferrol now but yesterday i was in a corunha(drizzly day btw, no more sun)

in the morning i woke up at 10pm and went for a walk through the old city 2 blocks away from my family home in corunha.

its locally called a pescadeira
alot of narrow pedestrian streets and little plazas and also some historical houses and museums and the archivos do reino de galicia.no cafes to sit though in the bars.

then by 11:30 i took a bocadillo snack(with eggs,fried red peppers,and fried tomatoes)with an albarinho.
they also hasd MM'S favorite bocadillo de calamares.it was in the a cancecla tapas bar near the modern section of corunha.we talked a long time and ate,relaxed and looked at the drizzle outside the wet streets and some people walking.

then by 1:00 we shopped for some spain clothes to take home at the local alcampo department store.

by 2pm i ate la comida at "home":
callos galician style(callos a galega)
bacalao with potatoes with ali oli spread on top.
and then a flan and a valencia orange.yum yum yum hehe.
the rest of the day i spent at "home" and played soccer at 5pm with my cousin and some of his friends.(i actually kicked their little bums) laugh

i watched shows like supermartes on tvg and watched the 9pm news on tve and did other things as well you know the usual home things.

now to explore el ferrol!
hasta luego!

im leaving next monday frown confused
but im still here.

congratulations again on your trip to madrid!

#64000 - 12/11/03 08:48 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Good luck to Chez123. Hope you saw the snow on the mountains as your plane landed at Barajas. We're expecting a full account here of how you got on!!! I think you've chosen a good time to fly out as at last we've got some fine sunny weather (if a little cold)
My lunch today? Judias Verdes con Jamon followed by Merluza a la Romana. Muy bien!

#64001 - 12/11/03 09:48 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hola a todos

tomorrow im in ortigueira which is my last stop on this trip before returning to madrid on monday to leave spain.FOR A WHILE THAT IS.jejejej

i am still here enjoying ferrol with the drizzle and all jeje

BUT...we are going to have sunny weather up here in galicia for the next two days. :p thats for all of you in madrid wink

#64002 - 12/13/03 08:35 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Don't feel sorry for us in Madrid ... it has been sunny since Wednesday here. Seems the rain has gone away (perhaps it's going to visit England) and everyone's getting their sunglasses out..

#64003 - 12/14/03 05:33 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

On 8 dic. fmiketheman wrote:
Quote:

its a holiday here and the rain has stopped for SOME time and the sun was out until the sunset!

eddie
i think i missed the celebration of anho xubliar xacabeo because i went to mass in the santiago cathedral at midday yesterday and didn't see that type of mass with the botafumeiro.
That (holiday) would be la Purisima.

Sorry if I misled you about the Botafumeiro. The año Júbilar Xacobeo should have begun with the First Sunday of Advent (beginning of the Ecclesiastical Year), 30 noviembre. Other than on the feastday of Santiago Apostol, I always saw the Botafumeiro bit at the Pilgrims' Mass {Saturdays) during Jubilee years. But you say you were at Mass in the Basilica (Obradoiro) Sunday, 7 Dec. I guess we got our signals crossed.

#64004 - 12/14/03 01:26 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

well ive been and sadly im now back home.What can i say ,it was everything i expected and more.My hotel was brill very central, the weather was gorgeous(yes mark i did see the snow on the mountains),the night life was something else,the christmas decorations were so beautiful i could go on and on.Thanks to everyone on this message board for all the info,i felt that i had been there before and it helped me to know where to go and what to see.Im definatly gona go back.

#64005 - 12/18/03 03:29 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

eddie

thats ok
but im back from spain already.i arrived back to nyc jfk on tuesday.

youre right dec 8 is la purisima concepcion.i was there for that holiday.

thank you anyway.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments