Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#64001 - 12/11/03 09:48 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hola a todos

tomorrow im in ortigueira which is my last stop on this trip before returning to madrid on monday to leave spain.FOR A WHILE THAT IS.jejejej

i am still here enjoying ferrol with the drizzle and all jeje

BUT...we are going to have sunny weather up here in galicia for the next two days. :p thats for all of you in madrid wink

#64002 - 12/13/03 08:35 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Don't feel sorry for us in Madrid ... it has been sunny since Wednesday here. Seems the rain has gone away (perhaps it's going to visit England) and everyone's getting their sunglasses out..

#64003 - 12/14/03 05:33 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
On 8 dic. fmiketheman wrote:
Quote:

its a holiday here and the rain has stopped for SOME time and the sun was out until the sunset!

eddie
i think i missed the celebration of anho xubliar xacabeo because i went to mass in the santiago cathedral at midday yesterday and didn't see that type of mass with the botafumeiro.
That (holiday) would be la Purisima.

Sorry if I misled you about the Botafumeiro. The año Júbilar Xacobeo should have begun with the First Sunday of Advent (beginning of the Ecclesiastical Year), 30 noviembre. Other than on the feastday of Santiago Apostol, I always saw the Botafumeiro bit at the Pilgrims' Mass {Saturdays) during Jubilee years. But you say you were at Mass in the Basilica (Obradoiro) Sunday, 7 Dec. I guess we got our signals crossed.

#64004 - 12/14/03 01:26 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

Loc: uk
well ive been and sadly im now back home.What can i say ,it was everything i expected and more.My hotel was brill very central, the weather was gorgeous(yes mark i did see the snow on the mountains),the night life was something else,the christmas decorations were so beautiful i could go on and on.Thanks to everyone on this message board for all the info,i felt that i had been there before and it helped me to know where to go and what to see.Im definatly gona go back.

#64005 - 12/18/03 03:29 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

eddie

thats ok
but im back from spain already.i arrived back to nyc jfk on tuesday.

youre right dec 8 is la purisima concepcion.i was there for that holiday.

thank you anyway.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments