Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#63991 - 12/07/03 09:55 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

en vivo desde galicia home(hombre)!

im in santiago de compstela!

#63992 - 12/08/03 06:42 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi Chez123,
Not sure this is the right place to give advice on nightspots (perhaps under Food and Entertainment). Also perhaps A Spanish guy on this board can give better advice re nightspots...I'm not really one for nightclubs. Especially in Madrid as it's quite easy to find bars open to 3 or 4 am.
If it's your first time in Madrid perhaps the place to head for is Plaza Santa Ana. Near here you can find jazz places, disco-bars, karaoke bar etc.etc. My recommendation to start the night (after 11!!) is Carbones on Calle de Manual Fernandez y Gonzalez, which is in heart of night bars. Also try Calle de las Huertas. If you like American Dixie and Country music goto Bourbon Cafe on San Jeronimo 5 (close to Sol). Or try Latino/Cuban spots around Calle de Espoz y Mina (again near Sol). Further afield a cosy blues venue is on Calle de las Hileras, off Calle Arenal near Opera metro. Again on Calle Arenal you have Palacio Gaviria which is allegedly a top nightclub (I've not been there).
Even further afield Malasaña (especially around Calle de San Vicente Ferrer) has night bars to suit all tastes. I understand Lavapies area has some excellent venues, but check with Spanish friends as it also has dangerous spots I believe. Also don't discount going in irish pubs as they often have info/flyers etc and you can ask barstaff for suggestions...
One place I want to visit is Kingstons on Calle Barquillo in the Chueca area. It's supposed to be the top place here for Reggae and Soul; just hope there's not too much hip-hop which kinda grates on me...
Well hope you have a great time. If you know where you're be one night let me know. It'll be good for me to hear the gossip from back home (I'm from Nottingham) and share a beer with you..
Cheers
Mark

#63993 - 12/08/03 12:25 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hola todo el mundo

im in a superguay cybercafe called cyberhackers here in santiago!

its a holiday here and the rain has stopped for SOME time and the sun was out until the sunset!

eddie
i think i missed the celebration of anho xubliar xacabeo because i went to mass in the santiago cathedral at midday yesterday and didn't see that type of mass with the botafumeiro.

do i still have a chance? or should i head on with my trip to corunha? i must head on...but santiago mola mucho.

#63994 - 12/08/03 02:28 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Hi Chez123,
Forgot to leave my number here. It's 645503760. So if you and your gang of travellers want any help in navigating Madrid this coming weekend give me a call ( preferably after 9 pm). I'm not an expert on Madrid (there are others on this site who fit that description) but I'm sure I can show you some nice parts wink .
Nice to hear4 fmiketheman is having a good time. Sunshine in Galicia? He must be blessed...

#63995 - 12/08/03 02:56 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hola a todos

filbert

thanx for the feeling nice for me enjoying myself here spain! smile

my stay in galicia was even more sunny than my stay in madrid.

and ive been only been up here in galicia for two days.

yesterday was a beautiful day here in galicia.while in madrid the weather was very rubbish.

rain in madrid? wink

#63996 - 12/09/03 12:17 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

Loc: uk
hi mark ,thanks for your reply i appreciate you taking the time to write,you have given me loads to explore.WE fly tomorrow morning and we fly back friday night ,i know this isnt long enough but it will at least give me a small idea of why you all love madrid.I realise you are busy midweek so its not an ideal time for a tour,im really grateful for your offer and we plan to do a long weekend in the spring so perhaps you will be available then.Anyway must go an PACK!!!!i will tell all when i get home CHERYL

#63997 - 12/09/03 04:02 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hola a todos

hi chez

we do not all just love madrid WE LOVE ALL OF SPAIN rolleyes smile

congratulations! you are going to spain tomorrow.
your day has come.

and trust me on this:

spain IS great.

#63998 - 12/10/03 02:04 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

Loc: uk
hi Fmiketheman i know all of spain is great,i have been to quite a few places but still a lot to explore its just my first time to madrid.I read your messages with interest and im glad you are having a good time.Only 2 hours until we leave cant wait.

#63999 - 12/10/03 06:34 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

here comes some more interesting messages Chez!

i am in ferrol now but yesterday i was in a corunha(drizzly day btw, no more sun)

in the morning i woke up at 10pm and went for a walk through the old city 2 blocks away from my family home in corunha.

its locally called a pescadeira
alot of narrow pedestrian streets and little plazas and also some historical houses and museums and the archivos do reino de galicia.no cafes to sit though in the bars.

then by 11:30 i took a bocadillo snack(with eggs,fried red peppers,and fried tomatoes)with an albarinho.
they also hasd MM'S favorite bocadillo de calamares.it was in the a cancecla tapas bar near the modern section of corunha.we talked a long time and ate,relaxed and looked at the drizzle outside the wet streets and some people walking.

then by 1:00 we shopped for some spain clothes to take home at the local alcampo department store.

by 2pm i ate la comida at "home":
callos galician style(callos a galega)
bacalao with potatoes with ali oli spread on top.
and then a flan and a valencia orange.yum yum yum hehe.
the rest of the day i spent at "home" and played soccer at 5pm with my cousin and some of his friends.(i actually kicked their little bums) laugh

i watched shows like supermartes on tvg and watched the 9pm news on tve and did other things as well you know the usual home things.

now to explore el ferrol!
hasta luego!

im leaving next monday frown confused
but im still here.

congratulations again on your trip to madrid!

#64000 - 12/11/03 08:48 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Good luck to Chez123. Hope you saw the snow on the mountains as your plane landed at Barajas. We're expecting a full account here of how you got on!!! I think you've chosen a good time to fly out as at last we've got some fine sunny weather (if a little cold)
My lunch today? Judias Verdes con Jamon followed by Merluza a la Romana. Muy bien!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments