Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63880 - 10/02/03 06:26 PM 'World' Series of baseball
willson Offline

Loc: Almería
Well, at least of (north) American baseball...

I'm guessing it's on Digital+ but I can't locate a channel where it's live.

Alas, my ADSL line from Terra is not fast enough to do the internet T.V. broadcast from mlb.com (it's only 256K bps, whereas, in most countries, ADSL is usually 512K - - but that speed is rather too expensive here in Spain).

And, the perrenial question, where's a sports bar that is likely to be showing the games? (despite the sometimes late start times [2:00 am]).

#63881 - 10/02/03 10:32 PM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
And, the perrenial question, where's a sports bar that is likely to be showing the games? (despite the sometimes late start times [2:00 am]).
Please tell us where in Spain you'll be and maybe we can give you some specifics. Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63882 - 10/03/03 03:49 AM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
willson Offline

Oops. An oversight on my part...
I'm talking about Madrid and, in particular, along the A-6 (highway to La Coruña) corridor; Las Rozas/El Escorial area.

#63883 - 10/03/03 01:17 PM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
MAD for Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Willson, die-hard Yankees fan here but I also love baseball in general. If you do find a place, please post it here since I would be very interested. My DSL is too slow too (ya.com)

#63884 - 10/08/03 08:12 AM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
sox_fan Offline

willson... sox fan here but i´ll try to be civil...here is what i know...as far canal+ goes they show replayed games dubbed in spanish...even at the internet cafes i cant get enough spped to watch the games live...all the playoff games are broadcast in one form ore another on sky tv from the uk... problem is most bars wont stay open until 530 am to show the games...unless they have a packed house...finbars which is located in arguelles subscribes to nasn which shows most games but will preempt for soccer... i have put out posts looking for a place that will stay open late and will be walking around this afternoon looking...of course when the sox advance i will be going back to boston for the party of all parties cause when we win it all it will be feeling no yankees fan will ever have...i digress msut stay civil..let me know if you here anything else...here is an idea if you plan on being in spain for long time invest the 600 euros in skytv then your mopnthly fee is even less than can plus then invite me over your house and we can watch all the games..

#63885 - 10/10/03 11:53 AM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
Brooklyn Offline

Loc: New York, NY
New Yorker here boarding later today for Madrid. Was planning to go straight to Zaragoza, but if I can see the game (that is the slaying of Boston) in Madrid, I don't mind waiting a day.

Are there any bars known to play World Series games in Madrid and Zaragoza? (or Avila, Segovia, or Burgos). I plan to see those towns, in no particular order.

Thanks!

Life is like the hokey pokey, eventually you have to put your whole self in.

#63886 - 10/17/03 09:50 AM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
willson Offline

The New York Yankees happen to have won the American League Championship Series (over Boston's Red Sox). laugh
Didn't get to watch any on TV but did manage to listen to the games on mlb.com; radio style - just like when I was a kid.

Still no signs of a cafe anywhere around Madrid that shows the complete games live (or delayed).
Games will be shown on Canal+ Deporte 2 -- in 135 minute versions of the real thing. rolleyes
In fact, the short version of the 7th game of the ALCS (NY vs BOS) will be shown Saturday night at 10:45 (and 11:45 am on Sunday).

#63887 - 10/17/03 11:57 AM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Isn't there an Irish sports bar near the prado?
I think its called O'niels. I saw an american football game there. Check it out.
Btw..........Yankees Rule!

#63888 - 10/22/03 12:14 AM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Those crazy Wild Card Marlins beat the Yankees! Will miracles never cease? eek
Can they pull it off? eek
I will continue to root for the Marlins, even though I too love those Yankees! laugh
ARRIBA! :p

#63889 - 10/23/03 04:24 PM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
What Game??

#63890 - 10/26/03 07:28 PM Re: 'World' Series of baseball
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Those Crazy Wildcard Marlins won the World Series!
Thank you, Marlins! laugh cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments