Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#63712 - 07/10/03 08:59 AM I'm going!
Espe3 Offline

Just an update!
I finally got what I was waiting for! smile I'm going next week to pick up my paperwork and I'm off to Spain (shooting for Sept!)

MM I will see you there! Looks like I will be going first! Let me know how your plans are coming along! We'll have to meet at el Brillante for a bocadillo! smile

#63713 - 07/10/03 10:02 AM Re: I'm going!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
CONGRATULATIONS, Espe3!! FINALLY! And while you're not getting there by your original plan at least you're going. Good for you. We'll definitely get together when I'm in Madrid next (if you in fact stay in Madrid or maybe you'll go where the job offers take you). Hopefully you'll also be able to attend the next "Party With MadridMan in Madrid" too.

I'm so happy for you, Espe3. I really, really am. smile

Happy/Envious for those able to move to Spain to live, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63714 - 07/10/03 12:18 PM Re: I'm going!
Espe3 Offline

MM- this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much BETTER than the original plan! And more simple!

Don't worry, I'll keep a Mahou cold for you! smile

No matter where the job might be, I'll always go back to Madrid (can't live in Spain and NOT see the family! smile ) But I think I have pretty good chances of staying in Madrid. We'll see! smile

#63715 - 07/13/03 10:41 AM Re: I'm going!
Espe3 Offline

New update:
I got the official paper in the mail! smile Just a couple more days to get the passport! I'm crossing my fingers that it'll get done SOON! I need to buy my ticket! :p

MM what's going on with you?! How's it going?! How about an official MM Madrid correspondant?! :p I'm gearing up for the next party! smile

#63716 - 07/16/03 09:53 PM Re: I'm going!
Espe3 Offline

Passport: Check! laugh

Airplane ticket: Still searching

Job: jejej! currently there is none and apparently SOME people (not mentioning names or relation to me) don't think I'll be able to get one! frown mad

So once again, I'm left to my own resourcefulness and determination to make things happen. Oh well... things could be much worse- I think I can live on Fanta Limon and Calamares for a time... :p

#63717 - 07/16/03 10:01 PM Re: I'm going!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Espe3, there was an article on Monday, I think, in El País newspaper about MANY MANY companies, big and small, cutting their staff drastically. That doesn't make your (or my) job search any easier, does it. Hmph! Thank goodness you have family support (right?) while you're getting started. I'm curious - would you care to tell us your age? The younger you are the better off you'll be, of course. I was talking to my Greek coworker today about the lack of age/sexual discrimination laws with regards to employment in Greece and Spain. Hmph.

Best of luck to you and please do keep us posted.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63718 - 07/16/03 11:07 PM Re: I'm going!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Espe3,
Just from following your determined efforts in getting your Spanish Citizenship, I think that if anyone can make it in a tough job market, you can, Espe3. I am not speaking from the air, either, determination and resourcefulness pays off. As you said earlier in another post, if you are willing to move around you will find a job!

I wish you the very best!

#63719 - 07/16/03 11:22 PM Re: I'm going!
Espe3 Offline

MM- I'll be 27 in September! :o (so I'm getting old!)

Thank you both MM and Booklady. I'm more than willing to do part- time work while I'm looking- and I realize MM- like the article says that things are rough- but they are here in the US also. And living where I do in Florida isn't the most job friendly market unless you're entry level(with little to no hope of moving up)- so you get what you can- and if I've done that here, well I'm not going to stick my nose up in the air once I get there!

Family support- well erm- touchy subject right now. But no, they're not going to let me go hungry!

And NO ONE can be a Pain in the @$$ like I can- someone will have to hire me just to get me to leave them alone! :p (I'll eventually wear them down!)

All the more reason for me to go soon and start my search already from here!

#63720 - 07/23/03 08:24 PM Re: I'm going!
Espe3 Offline

I just purcased my ticket! smile Let the countdown begin!

If anyone is looking I got a really good one-way price from airfare.com (aka side-step)

Happy travels everyone!!!!!!! smile

#63721 - 07/23/03 09:09 PM Re: I'm going!
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

thats very great esperanza!
as they say,everybody has the right to be happy.
i just wish i could go to.sniff sniff.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments