Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6347 - 01/12/04 08:47 AM Accomodation in Barcelona
RBJ Offline

Loc: MANCHESTER
I will be going to Barcelona for a few days in March.

Please could anyone recommend any Hotels or Hostels that are worth looking into.

Ideally I'd line one that is well placed in terms of all the sights (near La Ramblas ?)is clean and has a private bathroom.

Oh and it has to be a reasonale price too!!

Many thanks confused

#6348 - 01/12/04 10:56 AM Re: Accomodation in Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi RBJ! While awaiting new recommendations for lodgings in BCN, you'll do well to do a SEARCH of this category using the following keywords: BARCELONA HOTEL and/or BARCELONA HOSTAL and you'll find many MANY previously reviewed establishments which you could consider. Good luck and enjoy BCN!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6349 - 01/12/04 02:35 PM Re: Accomodation in Barcelona
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi, I have previously posted my recommendations for this reasonably priced hotel, just off the Ramblas. i have now stayed here 4 times and am back again tomorrow for a 5th visit. Contact Jaime at The California Hotel, 2 star, includes breakfast (cold) but very generous. Rooms clean, ensuite bathroom, t.v. Rates are 52 Euros per night single and 84 € for a twin. The email address is as follows:-
hotel_california@seker.es
www.seker.es/hotel_california
Hope this is of use to you.

#6350 - 01/12/04 07:17 PM Re: Accomodation in Barcelona
pelón Offline

An opposing view from Virtual Tourist, for what it may be worth. I'm booked into Hotel Silver, in April.

Accommodation Name:
Hotel California

Type:
Hotel

Description:
$35 a night / October 2000

Unique Qualities:
This is a very modest, clean, simple hotel. Great location. For $35 dollars a night do not expect Four Seasons luxury. The walls are paper thin. The hotel draws a younger (loud) crowd. Is also popular with gay clientel. The staff was very helpful in making dinner resrvations and calling cabs. I would stay here again in a pinch or if I needed to count my pennies.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments