Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#63404 - 04/27/03 02:59 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Good idea Pim

Botin Pics

#63405 - 04/27/03 03:50 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
You rascal! How did you get the grand tour? Botin's really is a special place, isn't it? Were you able to be down in the cuevas . That is my favorite place to eat. I also love it when the Tuna comes in to serenade. HEy when are we going to have anothe MM gathering in Ny to hear all about your trip? Let's plan.

#63406 - 04/27/03 06:59 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
NEWYORKRED Offline

Loc: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
HEY PIM AND ESPERANZA
Long time no see Esperanza since our dancing debut. Pim it was wonderful to see you again.I'm so happy you found a job!
These are the rest of the pics I took that infamous Saturday at Botin
http://www.digitalxfer.com/webxfer.shtml?ANNOCONNOR
See you lovely ladies in a few months

HEY ESPERANZA AND PIM: THESE ARE THE REST OF THE PICS FROM MADRIDMAN'S PARTY!!!!!

http://www.digitalxfer.com/webxfer.shtml?aoconnor

#63407 - 04/28/03 07:55 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey Ann, looking as radiant as ever! laugh
I'm curious, did your two friends enjoy the "sucking pig experience"? smile

#63408 - 04/28/03 06:06 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
NEWYORKRED Offline

Loc: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
In fact PIM, Eugene met the Chef of Casa Botin and had a personal tour of the dungeon kitchens for over an hour. He with Kevin and Richie were given a lesson on the "wooden ovens" that are over 15 feet deep with the long paddles to insert the many suckling pigs. And then we were treated to a wonderful luncheon. Now that's class.
Soon in a few months I and the upcoming sous chefs will return for another venue and another round of good conversation with you and the gang. Can you do me a favour? Can you help me get in touch with Chloe Devic, and Mario? i want to email them pix.
Thanks PIM!!! laugh

#63409 - 05/01/03 10:32 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
edinabfab Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Hello everyone!! This is my first time posting although I have been reading the posts here for a couple of years.

Madridman I am so glad you had such a great time in Spain. I love your journal, it made me feel like I was there also!!

In fact I was in Madrid for about 3 days (4/24 - 4/27) and I think we were on the same flight back to Philly on Sunday at 1 p.m. Small World! Also, on Thursday night when you were in the Puerta del Sol, I was just about to enter the Palacio Gavira for a night of dancing with friends. It was a blast, but unfortunately, I don't have the energy anymore to stay out as long as the madrillenos do. smile

Have a great day everyone and keep up the posts!!! It gives me a piece of sunny spain in dreary cold michigan!!

#63410 - 05/01/03 01:09 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sorry folks.. I PROMISE YOU ALL (tocar madera) that I'll finish the journal tonight. I'm in the post-trip doldrums, I guess, and have little energy to "work" at home. I'll do it though and will post it's uploading date here. Thanks for your patience!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63411 - 05/02/03 05:22 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
For those who are bored on a Friday, I've just uploded the final 2 days of MadridMan\'s Madrid & Basque Region/País Vasco Trip Journal to the server. This one deals with my sad feelings and laments about how I should have done SOMETHING for "the family" to show my thanks and my delicious cochinillo (roasted suckling pig) lunch and then the walk through the drunken, pre-match Atlético de Madrid fans to the Parque de la Arganzuela.

Hopefully over the weekend I'll make ONE LAST upload with final thought, observations, negatives, and positives and that will do it.

My goodness, and I promised I'd keep this year's journal "scaled down". I think it's actually longer than almost any other year's journal! Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63412 - 05/11/03 06:49 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
Hey MM -

I havent logged in for a while, and as I catch up, I was delighted to find and read the beginning of your journal entries. This is in part because I do it too, except that I send mine via email, and post them to my website. Mine is called The Jilly Times . There are few people who are able to express... share? ... their experiences this way, be them travel related or otherwise.

Are you familiar with a website called www.livejournal.com ? A few friends of mine have invited me to start a journal there, but I haven't taken the time to learn HTML enough to present it the way I like. Lazy.....

Anyway, I love to watch your website grow and expand, it is such a delight to browse thru the postings, and listen to the musings and exclamations of others like me, like us, who are enchanted with this country!

Jillita

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments