Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#63384 - 04/18/03 05:08 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
NEWYORKRED Offline

Loc: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
wink
Hey MM again, thank-you for thewonderful gathering last Friday night. I am in need of advice I would like very much to post the photos of all your guests. One problem, how do I do it?????

#63385 - 04/19/03 02:08 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I just finished the last two days of the Basque Region/País Vasco Trip Journal as well as the recent days here in Madrid. More excitement (??? confused ) to come! Next week is my last one here and I have MUCH to do. Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63386 - 04/19/03 07:08 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Madridman,

My mouth is watering after reading your journal, don't let your lady-friend stop you from writing about Spain's great cuisine.

I do have to correct one thing.

Quote:
All our steaks were great which we ate with a bottle of red wine from TORO, a VERY nice old city known for its wines in the province of Valladolid
Toro does have some great wines, but it is located in the neighboring province of Zamora.I think our friend Antonio could tell you about all of Zamora's splendour, it is truly a beautiful and nontouristy destination.

Cheers

#63387 - 04/20/03 08:34 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks Shawn! I´ve JUST corrected that in the journal . smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63388 - 04/20/03 10:25 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
NEWYORKRED

Have you had any luck with the photos yet? Are they digital? If you already have them on disc or pc then it would just be a quick job of putting them onto some webspace somewhere and uploading them - eg DIGITAL X-FER WEB SPACE it only takes a few minutes. You have to register first (it's free) and then it talks you through the process of uploading.

Of course, if you only have hard copies of the pics, you'll have to scan them first and then upload them.

Once they are on the web space you just put them on an MM message you have started by clicking on the IMAGE button and inserting the URL of the photo (which you can copy by right clicking the mouse on each photo and then 'properties' and then copying the URL given there).

Alternatively you could just give the URL of the web space which allows about 6 photos per page. If you did this then the photos wouldn't be seen within the message, readers would have to visit the web page.

I hope I'm not being too presumtious in presuming (is that right?) that you only needed this kind of basic info, or did you need something more technical?

I can't wait to see them anyway cool

Jo

#63389 - 04/22/03 02:40 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi ALL! The previous two days of MadridMan´s Madrid & Basque Region 2003 Journal was uploaded recently. It includes a nighttime photography session of Madrid which lasted until 5:00am! eek

Saludos, MadridMan

#63390 - 04/22/03 07:19 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Wait! MMan, you're willing and able to stay up that late just to take some pics, and not for the MMan gatherings? Mmmmm.... rolleyes wink

I just browsed a little through your diary from your northern trip, and have a couple of comments to make....(about the lack of white wine situation)....WHAT???!!! Are you telling me you didn't have txacoli?! eek
(And about another culinary matter)....Do you really think it's a good idea to eat spaguetti while in San Sebastian?! rolleyes

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the beauty, elegance, style,....of that amazing city, as I knew you would, who wouldn't? smile . After just reading a few lines I feel like taking a little trip myself very, very soon (but I know I'd stuff myself with pintxos (I just looove the "Basque method" for paying those), accompanied by zuritos ('cañas', small beers), and txacoli (which would be sort of the Basque equivalent to the Galician Albariño wine).

Aahhhh!

Part II:

MMan, I'm so glad you got to try torrijas during Holy Week. They are just like French toasts indeed; the milk (though some people use wine instead!), the eggs, the sugar, the cinnammon....but made with our own type of bread(loaf). I went away for the most part of the Holy Week, so this time I did not make any, I still feel a little bad about it, I just looove to follow that tradition year after year....however I did eat MANY at my grandma's laugh !

Hey! this reminds me I have bought an English-Spanish diccionary that has very useful translations of culinary terms, so I'm thinking of reviving(can you say that?) the old thread with recipes of Spanish dishes when I have a little time (I've finally started to work again smile ).

Part III:

Just so you know, "I forgive you" for dining at VIPS, since it was 1AM. :p

#63391 - 04/22/03 08:56 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
MadridMan,

VIPS????? mad I think I would have prefered one of those bocadillos sold by the chinese at 4 in the morning in front of every bar or discoteque, than a VIPS' meal. Oh well, no hay pecado sin remisión. wink

Torrijas, yummy!yummy! I love them with a couple of spoonfuls of honey from Burgos, I bought myself a couple of jars of honey before leaving Spain just so I could enjoy torrijas with my favourite honey. :p AS Pim has noted, it is a very easy recipe, one that even I can follow. Although, I can't find the exact same bread here, but one that works well enough, so well in fact that I am running out of my beloved honey! laugh

¡Buen provecho!

Pim,

I am so glad that you are back working, with so many talents you should always be in demand.

It would be great if you and Fernando could revive the recipe thread. Maybe you would have a family recipe for migas argonesas???? :p It looks simple, but it is very tasty. I can honestly say since I left Spain that I have done far more cooking than before my Spanish experience, and of course most of my cooking is Spanish, tortillas, arroz a la cubana, torrijas, and flan. All simple, and all delicious.

¡Qué lo pases fenomenal!

#63392 - 04/23/03 05:31 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Shawnito,

As always, you keep saying things that make me feel good. !GRACIAS, eres muy amable¡ smile

Unfortunately, I don't have a family recipe for migas, but surely I can look for one. I'm currently working on a recipe for pisto and coming up I have the recipes for boquerones en vinagre, tortilla paisana, patatas ali-oli, and bacalao a la vizcaína.

#63393 - 04/24/03 08:11 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Just uploaded the last two days of the journal which included my day(s) with Antonio as well as my night out with Julio & Jesús.

Shawnito, I told them about your VIPS comments and their response was that VIPS is the only thing open where you can sit and relax for a meal at 1am until their 3am closing time. Plus, according to them, the one in SERRANO is the nicest of the bunch in Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments