Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63157 - 01/05/03 01:57 PM Mail: Usa- Spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hi! Does anyone have an idea on about how long it takes a letter to get from the USA (IL) to Spain(Granada)?? I am living with a host family in Granada and want to send them a letter before I go, but am afraid that the letter would get there after me rolleyes . Thanks!

#63158 - 01/05/03 03:25 PM Re: Mail: Usa- Spain
Guapetona Offline

from D.C. to Sevilla it takes 7-10 days regular post. i don't know when u are leaving..but i hope that gives u an idea..if u really need something to get there u could use DHL thru the post office and that takes no more than 3 working days. it costs me about 33 dollars to send a package of letters.

#63159 - 01/05/03 06:01 PM Re: Mail: Usa- Spain
Lipstique Offline

Loc: Wichita, Kansas
The standard postage to mail a letter of ounce or less from the US to any destination overseas is 80 cents. Just remember to write AIR MAIL or PAR AVION on both sides of the envelope.

Doesn't your host family have a computer and an email address?

#63160 - 01/05/03 10:26 PM Re: Mail: Usa- Spain
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I use the small Global Priority mail envelope and it takes five days from Florida to Madrid. It costs me $5.00, but I am assured that my friends in Madrid get the mail swiftly. I used the regular air mail in early December to send cards to two friends in Asturias and Madrid and my friend in Asturias got his letter 2 weeks later, I have not heard if my Madrid friend got his yet.

I like Global because its sure and fast!

#63161 - 01/05/03 10:57 PM Re: Mail: Usa- Spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Thanks so much everybody!! As for email...I would guess that they do have one, especially since one of the daughters is a 19 year old university student, but the program director says that info was not asked for on the housing form rolleyes .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments