Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6315 - 12/30/03 05:24 PM Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
pelón Offline

Price notwithstanding, which of the two above hotels is better, considering location, ambiance, attitude of staff, etc. Persal 's price includes IVA and breakfast, which makes a nice plus, but what about Adriano ? Which would YOU choose?

#6316 - 01/04/04 12:45 PM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello Pelon!

You are giving me an opportunity to post an overdue note on HOSTAL ADRIANO. I live in the US I stayed there last November. I am planning on making ADRIANO home away from home for me when travelling to Madrid. I am a world business traveller and have stayed in many hotels in Madrid from The Westin Palace to different hostals, you name them! I am very demanding on hotel accomodations and I write positively only if I find the place to be outstanding.

Why will it be Home for me? 1) The team, from the business owner to the rest of the staff. They have the biggest sense of ownership and customer service I have ever seen in the industry. 2)The rooms are very clean and beautiful! and each one is unique. All have a refrigerator and a safe.
3)Location is great, very close to Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor, the Metro and bus terminal.

ADRIANO is located on a fourth floor. Don't worry, ring the bell at the building entrance, they will come down and bring up your luggage, and PLEASE...do not get discouraged by the condition of the first floor entrance and stairs. When I asked they told me that the remodeling will be finished by this month.

Regards

Elvira

#6317 - 01/12/04 09:45 PM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
Macario Offline

Yeah the Adriano is good. Rooms are really clean and staff are friendly, but if there's still building going on you'll have to get through four flights of dusty stairwell. Also try to get a room away from the street as there's a club next door. Great location as well.

Macario

#6318 - 01/12/04 10:58 PM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Adriano also includes IVA and you can keep your breakfast in their in-room refrigerators. wink

#6319 - 01/21/04 09:51 PM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
annquinn Offline

Loc: Kansas City, MO
I just booked a room with the Hostel Adriano. Leaving for Madrid in two weeks! I chose this hotel because of the raves from this website. I told Alberto that his hotel came highly recommended from the madridman website and its members. He said he greatly appreciated it and "thanks". I'm really looking forward to my stay there. Thanks for making my choice of hotel in Madrid so easy.

#6320 - 01/22/04 11:50 AM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
RedRedWine Offline

Loc: Wilmington, NC
My husband and I are hoping to stay at the Adriano during our visit in May. I have not yet made my reservations. I know some of the Hostals prefer not to schedule that far ahead. Should I wait until February or March to do this?

Ann, what method did you use to make your reservation? Phone, email, website?

#6321 - 01/22/04 12:43 PM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
RedRedWine (nice username!), I think in the case of Hostal Adriano/Adriá you should be able to book now if you want. They're fully computertized and this tends to be the difference between some of the booking methods of hostels and how far in advance they'll take reservations. It can't hurt to try! If they (or others say) "Sorry. We're already full in May" then they probably simply don't take reservations that far in advance. In this case wait another month and try again. Good luck and we look forward to your feedback about this or other place you decide to stay.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6322 - 01/22/04 04:25 PM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
annquinn Offline

I emailed my reservation for February. You have to put down a percentage for a deposit using your credit card. You then pay the balance upon your arrival. I was given a choice of paying in cash or using my same credit card. Alberto was very nice to deal with by emails. Although the rooms are numbered, these numbers are fictitious. We asked for a specific #, and was told that basically you get what's available. Since all the rooms look so nice anyway, I'm sure we won't be disappointed. However, they did say that they would try to accommodate our request, if it isn't already given out.

#6323 - 01/22/04 04:33 PM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
RedRedWine Offline

Loc: Wilmington, NC
Ann - did you request a certain type of bed or were you asked? I would like a double bed which I noticed on the website that only 2 rooms (4 & 14 I think) had double beds. Most of the other rooms looked like twin (or single I guess). I don't think my husband would think too kindly of me if I reserved a room with twin beds on a vacation to Europe wink

#6324 - 01/22/04 04:44 PM Re: Madrid:Hostales Persal vs Adriano
annquinn Offline

I requested a twin room for me and my friend. Yeah, it looks like they only have a couple of double bedrooms. Like a lot of European places I've stayed at, they either separate or push together two twin beds to make a room a double or twin, depending on the need.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments