Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6295 - 12/10/03 06:31 PM Going to Gran Canaria this Xmas. Anyone else?
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
On a relatively last-minute basis, I've decided to take advantage of the Christmas puente to go down to Gran Canaria. Just booked my ticket, so that part's done. It looks like most of the hotels don't care whether there's one person or two in the room since the cost is usually the same (except for MP and PC plans). More likely than not, I'll be staying in Las Palmas for convenience and variety, though that's not fixed in stone. If anyone else is going to be in Gran Canaria 25/12 - 28/12 and wants to explore the possibility of sharing lodging costs, PM me or respond here. Cheers.

#6296 - 12/14/03 06:31 PM Re: Going to Gran Canaria this Xmas. Anyone else?
JA Offline

Loc: usa
How about a report on your visit?

I haven't been there in ages and I really would like to spend time in Gran Canaria again. Good food and lovely people. Although if I remember the grafitti well, some did not like "Godos" (I wonder if they liked the Germans better; some areas the only Spanish spoken came from the bus drivers).

Thanks,

J.

#6297 - 12/14/03 08:32 PM Re: Going to Gran Canaria this Xmas. Anyone else?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I will be in GC with my wife and daughter from Dec. 21-Jan 11. We will be staying in an Apt. in Playa de Ingles but maybe we could meet for dinner one night?

#6298 - 12/15/03 03:02 PM Re: Going to Gran Canaria this Xmas. Anyone else?
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Mencey,

Will you make it up to Las Palmas at all? I plan to go south at least one day during that weekend to see the Maspalomas dunes. Don't know what day yet.

Cheers,

Eduardo

#6299 - 12/17/03 01:41 AM Re: Going to Gran Canaria this Xmas. Anyone else?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Yes, Eduardo, probably quite a bit, actually. My wife's family is from Las Palmas.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments