Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#62882 - 09/25/02 05:50 PM Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I just logged into the chat room for the first time in months and discovered it was 'unoccupied'.
Does anyone still use the chat room? I remember when there were daily posts as to who would be there and when - confused

#62883 - 09/26/02 03:54 AM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
Puna, I've found this..........I occassionally go in there looking for a chat, but alas, my attempts were in vain.

#62884 - 09/30/02 03:35 PM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
ahhh Puna and Chris! Would love to be in there chatting with you, but alas have started my fall schedule. 8am classes 4 days a week means I leave home by 6:30 am and therefore tucked in bed quite early these days! Maybe we can plan something over a weekend!

Saludos! smile

#62885 - 10/26/02 04:55 PM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
yeah the chat room is almost always empty

#62886 - 10/27/02 11:22 AM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
martine Offline

Loc: Belgium
I also tried a few times. ... empty!

#62887 - 10/27/02 11:55 AM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi all! The chat room is always empty because it gets only about 30 visitors per day - 1 by 1 of course. The thing to do is make a "date" and announcing said date/time here so people can meet. It seems to me that most people pop in during the evenings on weekdays and even on weekends, mainly Friday and Saturday nights, but rarely in the mornings.

Problem is, with an "international" visitor base here, it's tough to get too many people to agree on a meeting time as we're looking at probably a 9-12 hour time difference for most people.

Last time I checked it, it was Friday night and found spike and another there and I was soon joined by a 4th person. Then, as with all chat rooms, they all dropped out one at a time.

So make a date! Come to this thread and say "HEY! I'm in the chat room NOW!", go to the chat room and wait for people to see your posting and THEY WILL COME! Just give them time to see your posting. This is really the best way. Also, the chat room "times out" after about 5 of 10 minutes of inactivity so even if you're alone, be sure to tap a key or two every now and then to keep your login status as ON. Enjoy the chat room !

OKAY! Let's do a test... I'm in the chat room for the next 20 minutes!! Right now it's about 5 minutes before noon New York City/East Coast USA time. Come one come all!!! smile (I'm not expecting too many on a Sunday morning/afternoon)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62888 - 10/27/02 12:12 PM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Fernando just joined! See, it works!

Well, that's the end of the test. He was the only one to come. frown

Last update, NOW Fernando and I are joined by "tamugeoff" and Jo(-Anne). See! That's four so far!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62889 - 10/28/02 11:23 AM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I bumbled in on Friday - and FOUND Jo there - had a nice chat. The time differences make it tough -along with everyone's obligations and time parameters - but some times you get lucky! smile

#62890 - 11/24/02 11:44 AM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
Espe3 Offline

Hello! smile
Anyone for a chat?!

#62891 - 11/24/02 01:23 PM Re: Chat Room:Does Anyone Still Visit?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hey Espe and gang...I´m in there now...anyone game? I see that I am about an hour too late for Espe.. frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments