Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#62821 - 09/07/02 05:43 PM Zara in N.Y.
MAM Offline

Loc: Boston/N.Y.C.
I can't believe it, the Zara here in SoHo is so different than Zara in Spain. I just went this afternoon excited that we had Zara here and maybe I'm exaggerating, but the styles seem completely different and everything is three times the price. The states are ridiculous. Has anyone else been? -MAM

#62822 - 09/07/02 06:17 PM Re: Zara in N.Y.
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
MAM, fill me in. What is Zara? a clothing store? When is Boston getting one? (heh heh, competition of the northern cities)

Jillita

#62823 - 09/07/02 08:43 PM Re: Zara in N.Y.
MAM Offline

Zara is a clothing store for women and men. It is usually large, several floors, though the one here is just one. I doubt Boston will have too soon. I was happily surprised New York has it. There are Zara's all around Europe. I saw them in Madrid, Sevilla, and Barcelona. They seem QUITE popular there. -MAM

#62824 - 09/07/02 09:17 PM Re: Zara in N.Y.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
According to the Zara website , the only USA stores are in NYC, Miami, and Wayne New Jersey. NYC has FIVE STORES!! MY GOODNESS! My ladyfriend in Madrid does a lot of her shopping at the Madrid stores. Madrid has about 35 stores but they're ALL OVER Europe.

Happy Shopping! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62825 - 09/07/02 10:47 PM Re: Zara in N.Y.
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Zara here in the USA eek ?? That could be the best news I have heard since returning from Spain laugh . I absolutely loved shopping there...decent quality, very large selection, and generally cheap prices. At times it seemed like everytime I turned a corner, there was another one. In Bilbao, there are actually 2 on the same street (Gran Via), right across from one another.

#62826 - 09/08/02 12:30 AM Re: Zara in N.Y.
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
I LOVE ZARA!!!

I can't believe it's different here than in Spain!! I was planning on making my first 'pilgrimage' there next weekend, will I be dissapointed?

Thanks!

-GG

#62827 - 09/08/02 01:57 AM Re: Zara in N.Y.
MAM Offline

Probably not. I liked several things, it isn't bad. It was basically just an observation that the style seemed a little different and it isn't as cheap as in Spain. I can't believe there are 5 in New York. Where?! -MAM

#62828 - 09/08/02 05:40 AM Re: Zara in N.Y.
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
When my in-laws came to the states last year (for our wedding) they were excited to see Zara as we toured NYC. Keep in mind that the prices are adjusted according to the market that the store is located in. Therefore, since the average American salary is 2-3 times higher than the average Spanish salary, so are the prices at the Zara stores in the states.

#62829 - 09/09/02 12:06 AM Re: Zara in N.Y.
MAM Offline

Oh wow. I just checked the Zara website and I never would have imagined how many countries have Zara! It's like a fast food chain.

#62830 - 09/09/02 11:31 AM Re: Zara in N.Y.
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
For those of you who have shopped at Zara's in Spain (and love it as I do) - remember the price tickets on each item? It shows the prices in about 8 or 10 countries - and the US price has always been 3+ times than the price in Spain. As someone said - the cost per item is based on what the market will bear. Same holds true for what fashions will sell - and Europe is at least a full season ahead of the US.

I've seen the Zara's in NJ - someone thought they would be "make me think I was in Spain" - and I was hugely disapointed with it! Guess I get spoiled by shopping in Spain, ut as I said, the prices and styles Zara offers in the US leave a lot to be desired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments