Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6279 - 12/09/03 04:37 AM chueca pension in madrid
olivia denis Offline

Loc: toronto
First of all, thank you so much for your FANTASTIC site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's my first time writing to you and I really wanted to recommend a fabulous pension in the Chueca area, Chueca Pension . Even though I'm from Toronto I've been working in Madrid for the past year and since then several friends of mine have come to visit all staying a this pension. The owner, a real "mama" is the best hostess possible (has 2 daugthers born in Canada). The pension is totally spotless, well decorated and sooooo quiet. I trully recommend it to everyone (my brother-in-law's mom and her boyfriend also stayed there!).
Again, thanks for a great opportunity to share experiences.
Betsy

#6280 - 12/09/03 05:51 AM Re: chueca pension in madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Olivia Denis! Welcome to our little message board.

And thank you SO much for review of Chueca Pensión . I think this is the first. Question: Did you ever stay there or only your visiting friends?

The owner you're referring to MUST be Beni, correct? It's her photo on the website - which is quite nice too, by the way. I've exchanged a few emails with her and her English is very very good and she seems to be nice. Glad to hear the pensión is the same.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6281 - 12/09/03 06:48 AM Re: chueca pension in madrid
Joel Villarini Offline

Loc: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thanks for posting a review of Chueca Pension since I might be staying there in April and haven't had read a review anywhere.. Thanks!

Joel

#6282 - 12/09/03 07:42 AM Re: chueca pension in madrid
olivia denis Offline

Hi Madridman,
Yes, I actually stayed there 3 nights when I got my "enano" studio painted a year ago. Beni is the owner of the hostel. It was recommended to me by some coffee shop waiters in Chueca and since then I can't seem to recommended enough. Their website is www.chuecapension.com
It's too bad that they don't have more recommendations elsewhere because the place is well worth it!!!!!!!
Bye for now!

#6283 - 12/23/03 05:33 PM Re: chueca pension in madrid
Meadow Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Hi all,

I'm glad to hear that you all had wonderful stays at Chueca. I, however, had a mixed experience. Beni and her staff were wonderful and the pension was clean. BUT, my friend and I stayed there for a total of 4 nights (2 separate stays) in August and it was VERY LOUD. I would suggest if you stay there to specify that you do not want the front room (closest to the lobby). We were awoken at all hours (it is Spain, afterall) of the night/morning with people stomping up the stairs and talking loudly near the front desk. Just my two cents...

Good luck!

#6284 - 12/23/03 07:04 PM Re: chueca pension in madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I agree with you, Meadow. Not about Chueca Pensión in particular but about all hostels and pensions in general. ALWAYS request the room furthest away from or highest floor from the lobby. You're right, those rooms near the lobby/check-in you always hear people talking with the owners as they check-in/-out and phones & doorbells ringing at all hours.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6285 - 01/10/04 05:29 PM Re: chueca pension in madrid
Mily Offline

Loc: Chihuahua, Chih. México
I'm looking for a place to stay in March and I liked the pensiòn, but... do they have elevator (lift) to the 4th floor?
Thank You

#6286 - 01/15/04 05:14 PM Re: chueca pension in madrid
olivia denis Offline

Hi Milly,
Just to say that CHUECA PENSION is on the 2nd floor NOT the 4th floor. And they don't have a lift. Their address is calle GRAVINA 4.

Cheers,
Olivia Denis

#6287 - 01/30/04 04:16 PM Re: chueca pension in madrid
NYCritter Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Hi, I was considering staying at Chueca this coming May. I understand that there are no room safes, but was assured that my valuables would be okay. Does anyone who has stayed there before have any feedback on this. And did all the rooms have AC?
Thanks

#6288 - 02/26/04 01:31 PM Re: chueca pension in madrid
Meadow Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Hi there,

I personally felt that Pension Chueca was pretty safe, but I kept my valuables on me as much as possible throughout my trip.

Maybe feel it out once you get there. I left a couple of cameras in our room and had no problem. I think it's just up to how you feel about it - you never really know with anywhere you stay.

As far as I know all of the rooms have air conditioning. Ours worked well.

#6289 - 03/08/04 10:29 PM Re: chueca pension in madrid
Jeab Offline

Loc: Asia
I dont think so about this pension because last October I went there with 2 kids and my mom. We came from Sevilla and very tired but when we arrived the man who works there said no room for us unless we already booked and got the confirmation a month in advance. That mad tried to help me...that was very kind but the owner who ignored everything,I asked that man phoned the owner finally that man tried to find the other place for us.
I can say I am not happy for this pension and when I got back home I got her email ( while I was in my trip,who gonna check email all the time? ) said I have to send her my credit card number again!!! I did send her and she accepted that too. She said Visa was okay in Sept but in Oct it should be AMEX...TOO STRANGE !!!
But the other hotsel I found in www.madridman.com are quite good for us and we had a great time in Spain...we were there for a month from north to south. And we are looking forward to go back again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments