#62778 - 10/05/02 11:02 AM Re: Batasuna
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Wendy: Heartfully thanks. smile

#62779 - 10/05/02 11:34 AM Re: Batasuna
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
The worst thing we could do is to STOP talking about this difficult issue.

Speaking of foreigners not understanding the Basque issue and bowing to "Spanish propoganda",
Wasn't it in the great UNITED STATES in the great state of Idaho that they wanted to pass a PRO Basque nationalistic measure. Hmmmmm......it's true SOME foreigners DON'T understand at all this issue.

Terrorism and those that give support in any way to it are ONE IN THE SAME!

#62780 - 10/05/02 11:43 AM Re: Batasuna
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Closing this topic would be a great error in my opinion. Spain has good and bad things (this being the worst) and it is not a rainbow paradise :p It is a controversial issue yes, but those who don't want to read the thread or don't want to participate can just ignore it... (as far as MadridMan doesn't decide he doesn't want this in HIS forum of course).

So toddy, I fully agree with you wink

#62781 - 10/05/02 12:20 PM Re: Batasuna
Roe Offline

Loc: california
It was in Idaho that they passed a pro-basque country measure.

Some people are saying that foreigners are falling victim to mis-information. I am sure that I can find more than a few people from the basque country that would say that people in the rest of Spain are falling victim to mis-information put out by the media in Spain.

Whatever information people hear, I hope that people everywhere have tolerance and mercy for all, even for those that do not have tolerance or mercy.

The only thing that one could learn from all of this is that one should be VERY VERY careful when talking about politics in Spain. This thread isn´t clarifying anything, it seems like just a rehash of what has been said before. I too think that the thread should be closed.

#62782 - 10/05/02 04:11 PM Re: Batasuna
toddy Offline

A rehash of what? It seems there are new deaths almost every month. The memories of these NEW victims frown deserve, at least, a place for alive people to peacfully discuss these difficult issues.

I think it would be in terribly bad taste to the MAJORITY of Spaniards to close such an important topic as this.

Most Spaniards love Spain but HATE ETA. mad

#62783 - 10/05/02 06:02 PM Re: Batasuna
Roe Offline

Loc: california
The posts aren´t specific to the victims but focus more on Spanish policies and ETA. We have been over this before .

#62784 - 10/05/02 07:05 PM Re: Batasuna
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Roe wrote:
Quote:
The only thing that one could learn from all of this is that one should be VERY VERY careful when talking about politics in Spain.
Well said, Roe. For this reason, I NEVER talk politics in Spain. Well, in general, I don't talk about politics anywhere.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62785 - 10/05/02 09:24 PM Re: Batasuna
toddy Offline

Quote:
. We have been over this before.
From my recollection, we(which includes quite a few new members) have not all been over this before. confused

Roe, what are you afraid of? Peacfully debating is vital in regards to this issue. We can't put our heads in the sand anymore.

#62786 - 10/06/02 05:55 AM Re: Batasuna
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Roe,
You don't have to be at all careful when talking freely about politics, or ETA in the majority of the Spanish territory (even the government AND its 'oposición' party agree on ETA/HB!!!), of course, you can't do it in the Pais Vasco!!!

#62787 - 10/06/02 08:43 AM Re: Batasuna
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Roe,

I agree with your statement! Totally!

Wolf

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments