MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#62627 - 08/20/02 12:20 PM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Sorry it took me a day to get back on this thread. It seems my tears of joy shorted out the keyboard. I've removed the salt deposits from most of the keys, and happy to be back in circulation. rolleyes

#62628 - 08/20/02 12:53 PM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Gawd! I can picture all of us sitting around the pool in Anchovy's back yard, crying into our beers. rolleyes

No pool? We'll just dig a big hole and fill it with tears.

Wolf (Wiping his eyes, and blowing his nose. eek Not at the same moment though! Geez!)

#62629 - 08/20/02 04:42 PM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
Lizziee Offline

Loc: Scotland
But can we please have a debate about the choice of beers? San Miguel? Yuk! Get out the Estrella Damn please

(Does this mean I've just gatecrashed my way in to the party? laugh )

#62630 - 08/20/02 04:59 PM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
What's a gate crasher, Lizzee? That's based on the fact that a few of us have shifted the host family around to accomodate us wink
Seriously - gate crashing is perfectly acceptable - 'specially when we all probably lurked (gate crashed) on MM for weeks or months before posting the first time. smile

#62631 - 08/21/02 09:05 AM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi lizzie... gatecrashers most welcome! I've got no choice anyway. :p I agree about the beer... must admit San Miguel, whilst hitting the spot, is not my favourite - but I couldn't make a joke about Saint Mahou being in the fridge! wink

Pool's close enough to roll into, Wolf, so need for tears or....whatever! eek Oh and the couch is a very big one, too wink

MM must be on holiday to let this one go so long without the big stick coming out!! laugh

#62632 - 08/22/02 03:40 PM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

It's nice to see the love of Damm beer. Every time I see Damm beer I think, "Damm beer!" I see the Damm beer trucks delivering Damm beer to all the Damm beer vendors and Damm beer drinkers around and think, "that's a lot of Damm beer!" One time a Damm beer truck came close to hitting me on my bicycle and I screamed [in English] "DAMM BEER TRUCK!" When I screamed at the Damm beer truck, the Damm beer truck driver apologized for his Damm driving. I thought "that was Damm nice of him." I'll close this Damm post now before you all get so Damm tired of this Damm post that I'm Damm-ed from posting on this Damm thread again. rolleyes

CaliBasco [Who actually has never had a Damm beer but has enough Casera and mosto in his system to make a Damm burst]

#62633 - 08/22/02 03:48 PM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Wait, was that a joke?

#62634 - 08/22/02 04:37 PM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
SRedw Offline

I really haven't noticed any strange new vibes on the board at all. It's just that whenever someone writes, the reader is putting his or her own emotion into it. THAT'S ALL. If others have noticed a different vibe, so be it.

If MadridMan has had to close discussions, it is certainly his choice, but when we come to this board and think that we are going to join into a discussion that won't take a turn for the worse, it is there that we are fooling ourselves.

The world certainly isn't CANDYLAND and is not all gingerbread houses. There are some trolls along the way under the bridges and remember, don't get stuck in molasses swamp.

Shawn

#62635 - 08/23/02 03:58 AM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
El Cid d'España Offline

It depends whether or not people here sense false-sarcasm in the responses towards their posts where there was none in the first place. But if someone tries to be a "drama-queen" just to get attention; has a short-fuse just because they can't handle any kind of criticism or aren't able to get the response they want and WHINE, I automatically ignore them and their posts. I don't allow myself to be dragged into confrontations without my consent.

#62636 - 08/23/02 11:15 AM Re: strange new vibes on the message board
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Asterault: No joke. It really happened! Actually, I'm practicing for my audition to write the next Adam Sandler movie script. rolleyes

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments