Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#62575 - 08/08/02 10:44 AM ¡Vivan las fiestas de agosto!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hola a todos,

I want to comment on the wonderful time I had last night when for the first time I experienced 'La fiesta de San Cayetano', which is part of the typical festivities that take place in Madrid this time of year. I can't thank Pablo and Barry enough for it. Surprisingly, it turned out to be quite a gathering of people, it kind of seemed like one of MMan's official get togethers, I hope I remember everyone who was there: Wild child Raquel/Rachel, her cousin Liz(Guapetona) laugh (Iwa I miss you!), Liz's friend Colleen, Jeremy(of MultiMadrid), his gf Ena, Tony(torero)(looking forward to know more about your project smile ), Alberto(Jo-Anne's handsome cyber-husband wink , I mean Agomor)(sorry I couldn't locate you to say goodbye), of course Pablo and Barry(it was his b-day!), Claudio(a friend from my office and Rachel's admirer eek ), Max, his friend Soko and Soko's gf, and then some more friends of Pablo and Barry....not bad, uh?

I just hope everyone had as great a time as I did, and I was one of the first ones to leave! (was supposed to be at an INEM queue at 7:00AM frown ) It's too bad nobody thought of taking pics, they would have been nice -of all of us, the 'santo', the 'farolillos', chulapas and chulapos, the 'mantones de Manila', the 'minis de cerveza', etc....-
I really enjoyed how such a heterogeneous group of people managed to get along great and have a lot of fun in the process cool .
Would anyone care to tell me(gossip, gossip.... :o ) what happened after I left (2:30AM)? Claudio was so exhausted today that he hasn't said much.

¡Hasta la próxima!

#62576 - 08/08/02 11:48 AM Re: ¡Vivan las fiestas de agosto!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
We are planning for this Saturday... details to follow.

#62577 - 08/08/02 02:46 PM Re: ¡Vivan las fiestas de agosto!
stacey Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
What about anytime between August 28 through September 1? cool

#62578 - 08/09/02 10:56 AM Re: ¡Vivan las fiestas de agosto!
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Well PIM, I was too hung over yesterday to reply, but after you left we all had a surprise party. It was my birthday after all, but the surprise was for my friend Nathalie, whose huge house we crashed after breaking the new anti-botellón law and buying beer, and then having a lively, spontaneous fiesta. I can't remember what time I left, but I left all our new friends there, around dawn.
Raquel just rang and wants a repeat performance at the San Lorenzo fiestas tonight in Lavapies. I wonder if that's wise...
As regards the last post, there are no fiestas in Madrid, at least not the centre in late August. Just as well. After two weeks of this I'm just about readyfor the Betty ford clinic.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments