Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#62573 - 08/06/02 08:16 AM Living in Madrid
Kinnitty Offline

My wife and I are planning on living in Madrid next year while we both study at the UCM. We have a few questions and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has answers:

1. We are planning a 1 year stay and would like to rent a small, unfurnished apartment. What are the best channels for finding apartments (e.g., realtors, classifieds)? We're a little older (mid 30s) and are not necessarily looking for "student" quarters.

2. Any neighborhood recommendations? We don't care as much about the size of the apartment as about the charm and safety of the location.

3. My wife is an accomplished dressage rider and would like to find a riding club near the city with higher quality horses. Any recommendations (I know this one is a little out of the ordinary)?

Thank you.

#62574 - 08/06/02 11:04 AM Re: Living in Madrid
MAD for Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
I just moved to Madrid from NYC about 4 months ago so I can help with the apartment hunt ideas.

The rental market in Madrid is difficult and getting more expensive everyday. Your budget will have an impact on your neighbourhood options as well as your needs.

The northern neighbourhoods tend to be nicer, safer, and have more green - but then they are also more expensive.

I saw several 2-3 bedrooms (small bedrooms) in the Arturo Soria area for 800-900€ a month. Many of these had doormen and a small garden or pool area for building residents. I now live in the Arturo Soria / Conde de Orgaz neighbourhood which is prolly one of the more expensive areas but very very safe. I wanted a pool, a terrace, and a parking space so I am paying more than in other areas.

I used a realtor and found it very helpful. You can also try walking in a neighbourhood you like and stopping whenever you see a sign offering a flat for rent. These signs are quite common and can save you the realtor fee.

email me if you more details

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments