Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#62421 - 06/27/02 09:25 AM To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
Rosi Offline

Hi guys and girls out there:

I'm sure you'd agree with me: Spain is a beautiful place to fall in love. But if you two decide to get married and head then for the USA (at a later time), it's not going to be an easy way. I mean to get for your Spanish "princess" (or "prince") a permanent resident status in America, it will take a huge effort and lots of nerves.

We went through this nightmare ( I mean the immigration bureaucracy). And believe me: it's good to be prepared and know exactly what you have to do without guessing.
So just a suggestion - read and learn first. My now-husband and I have found one book which I wish we discovered a bit earlier.
It's called "Fiance & marriage visas" with a subtitle " a couple's guide to US immigration".
If this is of help to at least one person, I'm already happy.

Good luck to all of you who is in love!

#62422 - 06/27/02 12:16 PM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
ooooh - an ad methinks!

#62423 - 06/27/02 12:19 PM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hmm... do you really think so?? I'll check the website, poster, and IP address to see if there's any connection... My first instinct is that it is a verifiable/honest posting. Let's see....

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62424 - 06/27/02 12:19 PM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Rosi,
I didn't have a problem at all. I am a Spaniard and my husband is an American. We got married in Spain and got my visa there (in just 1 week). I recommended a friend of mine to do the same thing and she didn't have problems either.
Maybe the trick is to get the visa in Spain instead of waiting to get it here (America)
Nuria

#62425 - 06/27/02 01:38 PM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
I think it's an ad, as I've seen this book touted on other boards. Still, it's not the most interesting ad that's been posted today, is it? Hmmm....I was wondering how long that other one would last.... laugh

#62426 - 06/27/02 07:16 PM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Cooter, I'd have to agree with you that 1) the above is an ad. And 2) that that "OTHER" ad posted today was MOST interesting.. In fact, I'm looking it over now eek :p , at home, for the first time. I'm glad I didn't check it out at work. YIKES!

I've emailed the poster of the above posting. If I don't hear from her by tomorrow I'll delete the thread.

Saludos, MadridMan wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62427 - 06/27/02 09:28 PM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
MM and Cooter

That 'other' ad was VERY interesting. It looked a lovely place! wink

Jo

#62428 - 06/27/02 10:28 PM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
Espe3 Offline

Either way, nice! This isn't the way to help a person get married legitimately! Let's TELL people how to lie and although terrorists have their own way of doing things.. sure! Why don't we HELP people to get to Spain (or the US, like the book is made for!) lying! frown Grrrrrr! People have to think seriously about this!

#62429 - 09/10/02 03:15 AM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
Roe Offline

Loc: california
okay, so the post that started all of this was an ad, but does anyone out there have any experience marrying an american and then the process that they have to go through to come to the USA? I know that this is supposed to be about Spain, but does anyone know the process it takes for a spaniard to come the USA and get papers after marrying an american?

#62430 - 09/10/02 09:49 AM Re: To Americans with marriage plans (a word of advice)
Espe3 Offline

Roe, My parents did that. Go to the american embassy. If you get married in Spain and then she comes to the US, you're going to have to go through the US Embassy or Consulate. Even though its farther away, I'd suggest at least getting your initial information from the Am Embassy, and not the consulate and from there go where they tell you. Dither way, there is no way around it. If you get married here, you'll have to go to the spanish embassy or consulate for your area. And if you do it over there, she'll have to go to the US one in Spain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments