Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#62338 - 06/23/02 05:06 AM Re: World Cup!
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
UP DEUTSCHLAND! Even I disagree with the Korea/Spain game. The ref obviously did not like the Spanish team, as it was CLEAR from the replays at the end, that Spain's two goals were perfectly fine.
Also, during the penalty shootout, where the Korean goalie caught Spain's attempt should have been disallowed. He should have stayed on the goal line, but he was way infront of it - the ref was less than 6ft away and should have seen it - or maybe he just turned a blind eye.

#62339 - 06/23/02 05:44 AM Re: World Cup!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Today Sunday F$FA has admitted "major refereeing mistakes" during the mundial. However it denies game fixing. Yeah yeah, thanks a lot.

#62340 - 06/23/02 06:38 AM Re: World Cup!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
MMan and Granadagirl, you can be happy you missed it, I wished I had! I still can't believe that I sat through the whole thing....I don't like 'futbol' at all, and can't remember when I had watched the last one, probably during the 1992 Olympics; and now after seeing this....I can wait at least another decade for the next one!

Poor Joaquín!!!

#62341 - 06/24/02 06:10 AM Re: World Cup!
Miguelito Offline

I don't find it so inbelivable. It's not normal that the referee take off a goal like the first one, but it's normal that the local team makes penalties in these actions avoiding the goals that the referee never sees. About the offsides, unfair but normal also. In all the world cups the local teams and others like Brasil have the referees on their side. I remember in Spain World Cup in 1982, when I was a kid, Spain needed to win Honduras to go to the next round, a Spanish player fall out of the area and the referee decided it was penalty and after failing the penalty he order to repeat it.
I was more surprised about the match against Italy, as they usually have the referees more on their side, and they're a strong team than it's supoused to go far.
They should think about it, because the World cup loose value.

#62342 - 06/24/02 07:26 AM Re: World Cup!
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Monday A.M., 48 hours since the worst stitch-up I ever saw in an international game, worse even than S. Corea vs. Italy, just a few days earlier! We were so irate after the game my wife and I couldn't settle down. In the end we just packed up the car and headed for the hills (just got back). I didn't want to see any more, and no more incredibly biased reporting on the BBC - guess who they had in the studio to comment on Spain vs. Corea, Mick McCarthy, the manager of Ireland who Spain had just beaten! Now there's even handed for ya! The poor sap couldn't control his joy at seeing Spain unfairly "beaten". Pathetic. Se acabó, ha sido un tongo que no vea. mad

#62343 - 06/24/02 11:11 AM Re: World Cup!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
F$FA...I love it...good one Asterault.

Here's another oddity: South Korea, who seems to hate the US so much, [do they really?] (as evidenced by a poll stating that the American who was least welcome at the World Cup was Anton Apolo Ohno, the recipient of a cheap shot in speedskating in Salt Lake), is more than willing to accept the referees ruling(s) in their favor at the World Cup.

The Korean president said this weekend "this is the best thing to happen to Korea in 5000 years. What a sad waste of five millenia. And one more irony: If S. Korea "hates" the US so much, why is it that 8 million of them have bought those silly red t-shirts that say "Be the Reds" in ENGLISH on them. Does anyone have their own language anymore? Can't they write that in Korean on a shirt and sell it?

That reminds me of a funny story a friend related to me from Uruguay: He was sitting on a bus and noticed that there was a rather portly woman across from him with a t-shirt on and an English slogan on it. After he remarked to me that in his opinion, Uruguayos would wear anything with English on it, regardless of whether or not they understood it, he told me what the shirt said: "I'm sick, horny and perverted, and I want you". laugh Be the Reds, everyone, Be the Reds.

#62344 - 06/24/02 12:22 PM Re: World Cup!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
We packed about 200 Spaniards and supporters in our restaurant to watch the game, even Univision local news was there! I had to work the crowd (waitress) most of the game so I was unable to see the tele. But let me tell you, it was not hard to figure out what was going on! I knew we had lost by the somber retreat, but what a respectful and well-behaved group of "non-winners" we are! Very classy!
I have never watched so many soccer games in my life than I have these last 3 weeks, I've learned a lot and have a new appreciation for the sport, but the downright corruption and unfair playing field was so blatant to me (the novice eye), I can not believe any Korean afficionado (pseudo-expert) would even believe for a minute that they won fair and square!
I'm outraged, but this will not keep me from enjoying the sport.

#62345 - 06/24/02 06:29 PM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

Cali,
This has nothing to do with world cup but about the shirts you commented on...the other day I saw an older Korean man wearing a shirt with the symbol of the American Hearth Association that read "Thank you for pot smoking"! It just cracked me up, can you imagine! :p

About 6 months ago the Korean Herald published the results of a poll that claimed that 75% of Koreans wanted to live outside of their own country. Hmmm...

#62346 - 06/24/02 07:03 PM Re: World Cup!
ram Offline

Loc: turkey
really i think this time cup will go TURKEY. final germany-turkey. why not?

#62347 - 06/24/02 07:29 PM Re: World Cup!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
You need to talk to the FIFA referee commitee about that. I'm sure they can arrange something for you for the right price.

Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments