Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#62328 - 06/22/02 12:28 PM Re: World Cup!
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
Yes, the referees jumped into the stadium with their tags on, at least they should have removed them before the game started rolleyes
Incredible: 2 goals called off but absolutely legal, 2 offsides with a clear chance of scoring that weren't really offsides. Spain was superior by far.
I just can say: Go Germany! Go Brazil!

#62329 - 06/22/02 02:18 PM Re: World Cup!
miche_dup1 Offline

Absolutely NO WAY!!! how can one continue to enjoy the World Cup now, for me it's all over and it should have been all over for the Koreans within the 90min. with an undisputed win for Spain. What a fix! and Spain proved it was a fix by scoring so many unfairly disallowed goals.
Oh, and I hate Golden goal, it's so unfair! Joer, que p....! mad Nevado please kick some butts!

#62330 - 06/22/02 03:09 PM Re: World Cup!
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Well, after sleeping until noon today, I watched the afternoon replay of the game. Something smells about the whole thing. Spain's first goal was disallowed due to a push or a shirt grab during a free kick into the box. Oh, really? that sort of thing happens on EVERY set piece, yet curiouslly the only whitstle sounded after Spain had the ball in the net. The disallowed goal in overtime for an endline violation was pure horses**t. There were at least a half-dozen BS offsides called. I thought the benefit of the doubt on offsides went to the offensive player. Not today, I guess. Just about every call or non-call near the Korean goal went to the Koreans. During the PK's, the Korean keeper jumped a foot off the line to make that stop. The linesmen was about six feet away, yet kept his flag down. Shocking that he "didn't see it."

I'm no futbol fanatic. I take a casual interest in MLS. I like the Spanish team, but I'll sleep fine tonight despite their loss. But their was something just not right about this game. And when you add what happened to the Italians, well...

James Bond said that if something happens once, its chance, twice is coincidence, but three times is enemy action. Lets see what transpires in the Germany game.

#62331 - 06/22/02 07:31 PM Re: World Cup!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
It's 1.30 and I got back home. Everyone here is INCENSED. What's up with dancing around during a penalty shot? And excuse me, the WHOLE ****ING BALL needs to go out before it's OUT, and you don't call it 10 seconds LATER!!! And learn what offside IS PLEASE.

AUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHH!! Infuriating!! And not just Spain -- Italy too!! As far as I am concerned the tournament is invalidated, and now I have to route for Germany. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#62332 - 06/22/02 08:43 PM Re: World Cup!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I got up at 2:20am to watch it was after only having 2.5 hours of sleep I wasn't in any condition to watch the game and missed most of it while dozing on the couch. Ugh! What a shame.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62333 - 06/22/02 08:59 PM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

UHHH, I'm still mad. These people just don't get it. You'll be sure I'm putting Germany's flag out for the next match. Tuesday has been declared a national holiday here symbolizing corruption. The level of nationalism is precisely what they needed to move forward with their plans to make Korea the hub of Asia. They have proven themselves on a global level, well above Italy, Spain, etc. What a load. Well, I'm outta here in 6 days.

#62334 - 06/23/02 12:50 AM Re: World Cup!
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
MM, I'm in the same boat as you are...I set my alarm for 3:00, I figured it wouldn't hurt to miss the first 1/2 hour of the game...but proceeded to doze in & out the rest of the time & not remember if I saw it right or not that Spain lost!! UGGHHH!!!!

I can't believe now we have to root for Germany!!

#62335 - 06/23/02 01:00 AM Re: World Cup!
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Does it make anybody feel better that on Friday the President of Korea's brother was arrested on state corruption charges, which may well bring down the government there?

I didn't think so. rolleyes

#62336 - 06/23/02 01:58 AM Re: World Cup!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
mad DAMN THOSE RED DEVILS! mad It would be nice if it had been 11-on-11 for the entire match. I had no idea that FIFA allows "home cookin'" by there árbitros. Funny that "arbitrary" and "árbitro" have the same root. I never fully understood the correlation until last night.

I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. to watch the entire painful experience. eek What the hell was that stupid Egyptian ref doing patting cheeks with coaches during the match? I wish he'd been assigned the USA-GER match...Hugh "Captain Yellow Card" Dallas was a first-class SOB! Maybe the US would've been able to disallow the German goal on account of a shirt-tug or inadvertent Melvin/wedgie maneuver...

S.Korea: Know that you were outplayed, outclassed, outhustled, and outtalented by a far superior team. In the end, it was the decisions of three men who never played in the game that handed you your golden opportunity. mad Go Germany!!!

Spain: Be proud...and for Mr. Defense: Puyol: YOU DA MAN! He was constantly attacked and on one-on-one confrontations never lost once until the second OT, and even then the ball was harmlessly crossed out of bounds. Kudos to you Puyol. That was a five-star performance to combat the sub-one-star performance turned in by the "colegiata". mad Screw FIFA and its crooked sham and preferential treatment of the hosts. mad

¡VIVA ESPAÑA!

#62337 - 06/23/02 03:49 AM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

Cali,

Quote:
S.Korea: Know that you were outplayed, outclassed, outhustled, and outtalented by a far superior team. In the end, it was the decisions of three men who never played in the game that handed you your golden opportunity. Go Germany!!!
They won't know and they don't see it. They weren't watching the same match we all were. They were watching their superstar Ahn, who can't keep the ball in play for more than 10 seconds, play his best match. They were watching their portero, who can't keep his feet on the line, block that incredible penalty shot. They are blind to the facts and are unstopable, not even Italy, Portugal or Spain can touch them! What a crock. I'm still mad. mad

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments