Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >
Topic Options
#62318 - 06/22/02 05:15 AM Re: World Cup!
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
How bad can the refs get? Oh well. Sorry Spain!

-Russ

#62319 - 06/22/02 05:17 AM Re: World Cup!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Rob with fire arms!!!!!!!!!

SPAIN 2 Korea 0

Two goals stolen and a referee that would better be in third division regional than in a World Cup!

#62320 - 06/22/02 05:22 AM Re: World Cup!
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Watching that game, I couldn't help but be reminded of the Seoul '92 olympics boxing. Roy Jones, Jr. beat some Korean bloody but lost on a decision which was clearly fixed. That Ref and that linesman made so many phantom calls against the Spanish, I have to wonder. Add to that the mystery yellow card/expulsion given to Italy in overtime last round and, well, you get the picture.

Nevertheless, somebody please explain to me how Korea was even in that game at halftime. Spain should have been up 3-0 at least. That Spains failure to capitalize on its early domination would come back to burn them was about as suprising as the sun coming up in the east (which, actually, its about to here in Chicago.)

Sigh... see you in '06.

#62321 - 06/22/02 05:28 AM Re: World Cup!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Get the bottles and gasoline... we're heading to the Corean embassy. We'll show them what a football riot is all about laugh

#62322 - 06/22/02 05:36 AM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

Not much more to say, you've said it all! Did you see the Korean portero about two feet of the line on the penalty? Oh, didn't see that, HUH? My husband better lock the doors and tie me down because someone's going down if they keep singing by my doorstep. que putada.

#62323 - 06/22/02 05:44 AM Re: World Cup!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Asterault, I'm heading to the Korean embassy, let's kick 'em out here! Hahahaha! laugh

It is really a great great PUTADA, but it is also true that we should have win even with that robber/referee.

Fernando

#62324 - 06/22/02 06:54 AM Re: World Cup!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
After seeing countless matches I still can´t understand the consistently poor officiating. The World Cup is the most important sporting event in the world, yet the quality of the officials is remarkably inept. How can this be? The number of phantom calls agaigst Spain today was incredible. I can only credit to one of two reasons : the official suffer from severe vision problems, or just plain incompetence. Spain out played Korea and should have won 3-0. In the USA-Germany game, where was the referee when the german defender´s hand prevented an American goal?

I know it´s easy to complain about the officials after a bitter defeat, but something has to be done by FIFA to prevent future disgraces.

#62325 - 06/22/02 07:05 AM Re: World Cup!
nevado Offline

It's called POLITICA!

#62326 - 06/22/02 09:01 AM Re: World Cup!
LostInMadrid Offline

It's pretty amusing how a few days ago when Italy was screaming bloody murder about a conspiracy everyone was blowing them off as fanatics. The only thing on television now is the mistakes the ref made during the game and questions about FIFA. (Well, that and the multitude of bombs going off around Spain in the past day.)

How much does it cost to bribe a ref? A line judge? I mean it can't be much if they're from some small country...

-R

#62327 - 06/22/02 11:23 AM Re: World Cup!
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
Today's match was a disgrace and has tainted the World Cup.

South Korea getting so far should be cause for celebration for all those who like to support the underdog but they have been catapulted to the semi's by virtue of bad refereeing, FIFA politics and even, possibly, downright CORRUPTION.
With England going out yesterday, Spain were now "my team". I was so looking forward to Spain v Brazil. You could have beaten them (like we should have yesterday) and finally fulfilled your potential. confused
THEN THIS FARCE!
If it's any comsolation, at least you went out due to circumstances beyond your control whereas England were just crap. You did your best and for that you can be proud of your team.
THE WORLD KNOWS WHO WON. wink

As for USA, unlucky to you too yesterday. You played the Hun off the park.

For the first time in my life, I will be shouting for Germany in their semi final.
Germany versus Cheating/Corruption/Politics.

For any South Koreans reading this. This is not a slight on your team/country. You're as deprived by this as anyone else. Why don't you offer to replay the match?

Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments